First time loading 1000 duplicate rounds.

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
Critter
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger #1B .204, Ruger 77/44,

Re: First time loading 1000 duplicate rounds.

Post by Critter »

Small brass and primers handling drives me knuts. I don't like the repetitive handling of that small jewelry when dealing with large quantities.

However, for precision performance I do like using competition dies for seating.

Therefore a solution I learned from AMU internet postings was to use my Dillon 650 case feeder and decapping, sizing, and primer stations only. This allows me to prepare brass for loading at around 50 rounds per minute not counting allowances for bath room breaks and reloading various feeders.

Further I use auto scale/powder trickler so that next powder charge is weighed while I am seating previous round. For maximum performance, I don't trust powder measure, although, some might. I use my Co-Ax press with competition die for seating operations.

I found this system works for all my short action rounds including .260, .204, and .308.
futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

Re: First time loading 1000 duplicate rounds.

Post by futuretrades »

remy3424 wrote:Ya. I agree, bought the FA once when I couldn't find the MTMs.
I also bought the FA ammo boxes one time, and that was the last time I will buy any FA boxes. The plastic is way too hard and thus breaks rather easily. also, the way the latch is made along with the very hard plastic, the boxes are painful for me to open. sometimes I even resorted to using a screwdriver to pry the latch open. This of course is my own observation and experience. I do have some FA ammo boxes to sell if anyone is interested. Give me an MTM box every time. JMHO
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.