What primer is everyone getting tightest groups with?

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
greystone
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VTR

Re: What primer is everyone getting tightest groups with?

Post by greystone »

That is too bad. I am anxious to see the results.[/quote]
I shot my little primer test this morning and it was also postal shoot day. The results of my primer test are "there are no results". Not yet anyway. pretty much inconclusive. The shooting today on my part was erratic at best. The first group I shot with the Remington primers-pre postal shoot-was an excellent group. Better than my first BR-4 group. So I decided to use the rounds with the Rem 7 1/2 primers for the postal shoot. The first postal shot group with the 7 1/2's is probably one of the very worst groups that I have shot with my rifle :eew: I was disgusted. The last 2 groups I shot with the CCI primers. The second group I redeemed myself somewhat and the third opened up a little. After the postal shoot I shot another nice group with the Remington primers :wall: Anyhow from these results I wouldn't have a problem choosing 7 1/2's over CCI BR-4's. Anyhow this is probably one of the last paper punching sessions for the year. We're gonna start hunting coyotes and bird season will be opening. I'll play around with the primer testing next summer. Dave
rfurman24
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12

Re: What primer is everyone getting tightest groups with?

Post by rfurman24 »

I finally had a chance to go shoot my best load with remington 7.5 primers and they were ok but not as good as the cci 450 magnums.