OPINIONS: Prep new brass for reloading?

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

Re: OPINIONS: Prep new brass for reloading?

Post by futuretrades »

As for shooting the longer ranges, I don't seem to have too much trouble in that respect. I don't think all of the rodents I have sent to the big "Pivot in the Sky" know the difference, how I prep my brass! :lol: I am just not that anal about my prep, I guess mainly because of the quantity of brass that I reload each year. The count for that will run into well over 1500 rounds a year and in a really good year, well over 2000 rounds each year. When I got into reloading for more accurate loads and because of price, and some one suggested that I had to do everything some of you other shooters do, I would have given up on this hobby a looong time ago. If I can kill a squirrel, that is smaller than a beer can at over 500 yards with my loads, I am a happy camper :mrgreen:
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.
RAMOS
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FLV, Cooper M21

Post by RAMOS »

Futuretrades, sounds like we are both doing things exactly right. Even though we are doing it completely different. :mrgreen:

I will say it again, if you are safe, having fun and like the results, you are doing it right. Just different guys with different ways of thinking.

Absolutely not going to say you are giving up potential accuracy gains. I will say that I know I am not giving up those potential gains.

I may be wrong in my thinking but, if I am, I am quite comfortable in my ignorance. :lol:
futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

Post by futuretrades »

RAMOS wrote:I will say it again, if you are safe, having fun and like the results, you are doing it right. Just different guys with different ways of thinking.
RAMOS, I hope none of you take offense to my comments. They were not meant to offend anyone. If my comments have offended anyone, you have my sincere apology. I agree with you about doing things safe and liking the results and having fun in the process. I just don't have the patience to go thru some of the processes that some of you described. Always be safe, and enjoy what you do in the hobby that all of us love! :D
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.
RAMOS
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FLV, Cooper M21

Post by RAMOS »

No ruffled feathers here. None at all. Have a great day!
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Post by skipper »

There is an excellent article about case preparation on 6MMBR.COM. Some of us just like to tinker and others just like the tight groups that result.

http://www.6mmbr.com/jgcaseprep.html
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em