No brass anywhere !

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
Tokimini
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 SPS with a Shilen barrel

Re: No brass anywhere !

Post by Tokimini »

Midway has Hornady 204 brass in stock. It's my least favorite but I ordered 100 anyway. I'm kind of stuck until my engineering student son builds me an annealing turntable. I'm starting to get vertical stringing using my old brass, which I was told is a sign that it needs to be either annealed or tossed.
RAMOS
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FLV, Cooper M21

Post by RAMOS »

I feel for ya, Tokimini. Will be interesting to see if it is any better than the brass on their factory loads that so many of us have wrestled with.
bow shot
.204 Ruger Guns: Rock River Arms AR-15 Varminter
Location: Central NY: infested with liberal wack-jobs and their damage

Post by bow shot »

yup, I walways wondered if their boxed stuff was a bit better... but I bet that re-barreled remmy will shoot anything just fine!!
Tokimini
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 SPS with a Shilen barrel

Post by Tokimini »

It's a tack driver Bow. Now if only I can find enough primers to make it through the season I'll be a happy man!
tinytree
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger 1A

Post by tinytree »

maybe some different stuff will start to pop up soon. for the moment, i guess i will just keep rolling with the hornady. at least i have plenty of it! i am really looking forward to finding some remington 7 1/2 primers, too! got to keep hoping!
savageboy23
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700 sps varmint

Post by savageboy23 »

tinytree wrote:! i am really looking forward to finding some remington 7 1/2 primers, too! got to keep hoping!
I have had 5,000 of them on backorder at midsouth since January. They are finally in now I'm just waiting on some .224 V-max bullets and ill be getting my order :D
Remington 700 sps varmit with Leupold vx-3 6.5-20 adj objective HS Precision stock and timney trigger
Great White North
.204 Ruger Guns: Tikka T3

Post by Great White North »

I just found some Remington brass when I was in the city, so I snapped them up. I was surprised when I found a Redding neck sizer die in stock. I have lots of Hornady brass with several firings and have had no issues with it yet.