Lehigh Defense

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
Dozer
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527

Lehigh Defense

Post by Dozer »

http://www.lehighdefense.com/collection ... d-free-The
Has anyone tried these? Wondering if they blow apart when they hit something other than wet media (bone and muscle). I want to try them squirrel shooting, but need to be responsible.
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Re: Lehigh Defense

Post by Bill K »

I am working up some loads in both .17 and .20 cal, for future non lead use. Have not tried them yet on a critter, but from what I see and read on them, they should separate and come apart on impact or very short entry. You will never know until you try them on a squirrel or such. So far they seem to be accurate enough in my rifles. Bill K
Dozer
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527

Post by Dozer »

I'll be getting my order on Monday. These guys are the real deal when it comes to engineering a bullet for a specific purpose. I have not used any of their bullets on game yet, but I purchased some for my ML, my 308, and also for my .40 Cal hand gun. Good to know they shoot straight so far. I'll work up some loads and share what I find.
rhino81
.204 Ruger Guns: savage model 12

Post by rhino81 »

I checked out the website and some of the reviews on YouTube, looks like some radical bullets. On the website there is loading data for a select few rounds, I did some minor research and it is recommended to cross reference with a bullet of the same weight...is that where you guys have started
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

I have started slightly lower in load date/charge, as we are cautioned to do with the copper/solid bullets i.e. Barnes, etc. and worked up, using the same bullet weights. Bill K