Barnes DETON-A-TOR 32 gr pills.

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
Dozer
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527

Barnes DETON-A-TOR 32 gr pills.

Post by Dozer »

I picked up a couple of boxes of these. Thought they were all copper, but not so. Looking for all copper pills for the new regs coming up in CA. Barnes does not publish any load data for these, I guess they are new to their line. So does anyone have any load data on these? I would guess they are not much different than other 32 gr bullets, but if anyone has info, I would appreciate it.
Dozer

Re: Barnes DETON-A-TOR 32 gr pills.

Post by Dozer »

Apparently nobody has tried these yet? I will give them a go with some RL10X. Should be a good fit. I'll start at 25 grs and jump .3 increments to around 26grs.
RAMOS
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FLV, Cooper M21

Post by RAMOS »

Never heard of that particular bullet. Let us know how it works out. Are they compliant in your area?

On Edit: See no mention of DETON-A-TOR bullets on Barnes' site. Are they different from the Varminator line?
Dozer

Post by Dozer »

http://www.barnesbullets.com/bullets/varmin-a-tor/. I should have been more clear. The Varmin-A-tor bullets have a Deton-a-tor core, which is lead. They are still legal to use in CA, in non condor area's. Still looking for more copper varmint pill options.

http://www.lehighdefense.com/collection ... d-free-The projectile is machined from solid bar stock. Expansion only occurs upon impact through hydraulic energy. (They only expand when they hit “wet.”bullet?variant=1086628268
Anyone tried these from Lehigh Defense? All copper, just not sure how they fragment when you miss........I know the TSX's are very tough all copper bullets, and would not be a good design for varmint shooting, but they are designed differently than the controlled chaos bullets.

The Varmint Grenades in 26gr look like a good option for squirrels, but not sure if they are big enough for yotes'.