Remington accu tip made by hornady!!!

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
varmit_master
.204 Ruger Guns: TC 204

Remington accu tip made by hornady!!!

Post by varmit_master »

I was in the Bass Pro Shop Outlet store in Springfield Mo . They had Remington 20 cal 40 gr accu tip regular 29.99 + tax a box . They had 3 boxes marked down to 19.00 a box. I got to looking the bullet up. Hornady makes them for Remington there like a v max it said. I thought Remington would make there own bullets. Anybody that has a 17 cal they had 3 boxes of acuu tips they was 14.00 a box and 1 box of v max for 17 cal.They will ship. I got home and wanted them and called up there and paid for them and had them ship them to me. Cheaper than driving back up there. Wish I knew that hornady maked them I wouldn't paid as much. Are they a better bullet than a 40 gr v max? I finally got me 6 PDS of RL10 for my 204.
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Re: Remington accu tip made by hornady!!!

Post by Bill K »

Could be that they just changed the color of the tip, like the V-max and z-max.. Is the tip that same as the rem accutip or like the A or V-max hornady's ? Bill K
varmit_master
.204 Ruger Guns: TC 204

Post by varmit_master »

It didn't say it was built the same way. The accu tip it said was for long range shooting. I havent open any 40 gr v max r they boat tail ? The accu tip are . It did say the bigger cal was for med size game mule deer whitetail. Have anybody used any should be a good coyote bullet. I thought they would be the same as a nosler 40 gr BT . They have a tan like color or green like color tip. They look heavier built than the v max . I am going to call hornady monday mor and asked them. thank you.
montdoug
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ Varmint Kevlar with match chamber and zero free-bore.

Post by montdoug »

It's "Badge Engineering", happens all the time. Remington hasn't made .17 caliber bullets for many years, nor .20's ever. They can't do all the R&D and produce them for the small amount of them they actually sell so they just contract them made with their color tips. The 20 grain Accu-Max in the .17 Fireball is just a .17 caliber 20 grain V-Max with a green tip. You really see it a lot in the rim-fire ammo, CCI makes the lions share of every one's. Even then if it's a .17 caliber 17 grain plastic tip projectile you can bet it's a Hornady V-Max.
As to the the 40 V-Max, yes it's a boat tail.
Shoot Safe!
montdoug