GOOD BRASS/BAD BRASS HELP

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
BooBear
.204 Ruger Guns: "none".

Re: GOOD BRASS/BAD BRASS HELP

Post by BooBear »

Has anyone used Fiocchi ammo, I have been thinking of picking up a box to try, also how is the brass to reload. I have read posts about Hornaday brass and that is all I have used in the past, thanks.
Great White North
.204 Ruger Guns: Tikka T3

Post by Great White North »

I have used Hornady brass new and used. Where I live it is a little more expensive then Winchester or Remington. The only time I have purchased it was because there was nothing else. I have about 400 or so of them. I believe that having quality brass can definitely help with accuracy. However I have worked up some very accurate loads using Hornady brass. The primer pockets can be tight, and the brass does seem to be a little harder than other types. That said I really can't complain about it, it has performed well for me. Some of my Hornady brass have more than 10 firings and is still going strong. Someone asked about the brass being different. I can not tell any difference in the new brass compared to the factory loaded stuff. That said I have just purchased a bunch of Nosler brass and look forward to working up some loads for it.
BooBear
.204 Ruger Guns: "none".

Post by BooBear »

OK, thanks for the information on Hornaday brass, now I need info on Fiocchi, anyone have any info on it, good or bad?
Great White North
.204 Ruger Guns: Tikka T3

Post by Great White North »

I know I read on the board about someone using Fiocchi brass. Just try searching it. I have never even seen it for sale where I live. If the price is right and the factory loads shoot well in your rifle, why not use the brass?
indabush
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 25 Walking Varminter

Post by indabush »

I've found that the fiocchi 40 gr vmax are the best factory load in my, savage walking varminter. Have not reloaded the brass yet though.