Need some help please a new guy on the block 204 question

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
jknoel
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Need some help please a new guy on the block 204 question

Post by jknoel »

Hello Everyone,

First I would like to say thank you in advance for taking the time out to read this post. Ater reading countless of hours about what tpe of rifle to use for predator hunting with keeping pelt damage low was exhausting to say the least. With a new person starting out and trying to consider evryones reviews will make your head into jello. Wonderfull sight but its just way too much. Okay to the point I purchased a 204 Ruger M77 Hawkey Predator rifle. My main concern is to obtain reasonable accuracy but Im not looking for clover leaf patterns, that doesnt interest me. I want it to hunt fox and coyote becaue I like to hunt but I also want to sell the hides. First what factory ammo can a person use realizing that there is allways a chance for some damage. If you read this post and see that people mentioned 3 different types and if you think one of them is in reason please answer with one of the already mentioned in the post. Please dont answer with 20 different types of ammo because that puts me right back where I started. How about reloads could you folks do the same? and since I know nothing about reloading can anyone at least list the type of bullet, the powder, primer and reloading equipment and where is a good outlet for reloading supplies. Im not asking to give me specifics in amounts or anything becasue I dont want to have anyone feel like they are sticking their neck out. Thats not what its about. Please remember its only the 204 ammo Im interested in and no other, thanks guys.
savageboy23
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700 sps varmint

Re: Need some help please a new guy on the block 204 questio

Post by savageboy23 »

I really like the Hornady factory 32 grain v-max. I have a Friend who has great luck with the Winchester 32 grain ballistic silvertips on coyotes. You're basically gonna have to buy a box and try it. A 39 gr or 40 gr will handle the wind better then a 32 gr. With that said congratulations on the rifle and welcome to the forum.
Remington 700 sps varmit with Leupold vx-3 6.5-20 adj objective HS Precision stock and timney trigger
smitty55
.204 Ruger Guns: savage 25 walking varmint

Re: Need some help please a new guy on the block 204 questio

Post by smitty55 »

Hi i have had great luck with the 32 or 39 sierra blitzkings, either shoots great out of my savage 204. i find for accuracy varget with the 32s and imr 4895 with the 39s.there are better powders for volocity i just have not got there yet to try themyet, you will have to work up loads for your rifle go to the reloading page here to see loads. Sinclair international has everything you need to start reloading, forester dies i have used are good i myself use wilson hand dies. good luck with the new gun they are a blast to shoot