ACCURACY PROBLEM

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
mmw1015
.204 Ruger Guns: h&r ultra varmit w/ fluted barrel

Re: ACCURACY PROBLEM

Post by mmw1015 »

Cases were all Hornady, Iloaded 32 vmax, 39bk,and 26 barnes starting with the min up to the max loads for all of
these powders H4895, H4198, IMR 82O8 XBR, and IMR 4198 starting with .5 gn differences for 5 rounds, then after finding
the best group I would goback and work from .5 below to .5 above adding .2 gn to each load. Then after finding the best of
those groups I would play with bullet seating depth starting at max length and working down with sm changes.
And
Starting today I get to start it all over as I sold the rifle and bought a Savage 25 Light weight ? 8.25 lbs Varminter w/ a laminated thumbhole stock
24" bull barrel 1 to 12 twist and AccuTrigger

Mack
Sth Oz Dan
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 Hawkeye

Post by Sth Oz Dan »

http://www.204ruger.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3805

Link to the thread on how to post photos

Good luck

And you just found it while I was posting :lol:

Nice rig. Have fun testing
DoubleUp
.204 Ruger Guns: 204 Ruger

Post by DoubleUp »

Hornady cases seem to have more variance than most Win or Rem cases and of course the big N cases are far better. I have managed to shoot some decent groups with Hornady cases, but it took a lot of weight sorting. All of the Hornady cases I've tried are heavier than Win or Rem, and therefore need a lower powder charge to shoot to the same velocity, but that's just my limited experience with them.