loving that Reloder 10X

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
Tokimini
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 SPS with a Shilen barrel

loving that Reloder 10X

Post by Tokimini »

I just got back from the range and my Reloder 10X and 39 gr Sierra BlitzKing loads just keep getting better.
RAMOS
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FLV, Cooper M21

Re: loving that Reloder 10X

Post by RAMOS »

Yep, RL 10X is magic for a bunch of 204 rifles. Maybe I'm just lazy but, I'm curious why you want to go down the Vitahvourie (sp) road? Great powders, but I bet that 10X is going to do everything you want it to and you already have time and money invested in it? This is in reference to your' other thread of course. I started with Varget and liked it. Tried RL 10X and have never looked back, using it with 32gr V-Max, 35gr Berger and 39gr SBK's w/ WW brass and 205M primers with a Savage Model 12 and now a Cooper Model 21. Have fun, it's looking good and I bet it will get even better.
Valar
.204 Ruger Guns: AR-15

Post by Valar »

If you are liking the sbks and 10x try 40 g bergers. I did load testing acouple weeksago from my ar and not braggin your groups are nice, but give me a bit and i willpost my group pics from agas gun! Not kidding Hornadys are good as are sbks but the groups with Bergers WoW, no wonder the bench gun guys love them! I to think 10 x is the shining light powder for the 204.
Tokimini

Post by Tokimini »

I heard a while back that Vitahvourie was the powder Hornady used in it's factory 204 ammo and thought I'd give it a try. I later found out that was incorrect. It doesn't matted anyway. I'm getting tighter five shot groups with the 10X than I ever got with factory ammo. I going to stick with the Reloder 10X.
Tokimini

Post by Tokimini »

Valar, my son is also a fan of Bergers for his 300WSM. I'll definately give them a try.