loading for accuracy

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
bow shot
.204 Ruger Guns: Rock River Arms AR-15 Varminter
Location: Central NY: infested with liberal wack-jobs and their damage

Re: loading for accuracy

Post by bow shot »

Well, I considered myself a decent loader at first, because the rifle I was shooting gobbled up anthing I fed it and spit out great groups (6.5x55). When I bumped into the .204, that's when I learned the lion's share of what I know to this point. though lots of other folks (most?) have met superb accuracy with so-so ammo in .204, I was the exception.

In SHORT terms, (and if I read you correct, you want to build consistent ammo) here's what I recommend: Divde the hand-loading process into steps, and refine your precision in executng each step one at a time. The refining can be done by searching handloading forums (my preferred method) or by reading books (borrow a friend/mentor's, and then if you like it, buy your own).

1) size
2) prep brass
3) seat primer
4) charge
5) seat bullet

I know this is knid of skinny, but I think that if you just take one topic at a time, and drill/search on it, you'll likely find waaaay more info than you want, LOL!!
GaCop
.204 Ruger Guns: AR-15, 24" stainless varmint barrel

Re: loading for accuracy

Post by GaCop »

Eastern Diamondback skins make great belts, hat bands and slings too. The Eastern is the largest of the diamond back variety and can go from 5 to 8 feet here in Georgia. Luckily, you don't see that many in Central Georgia.

Tom