New 35 gr 204 bullets? Anybody tried them yet?

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

New 35 gr 204 bullets? Anybody tried them yet?

Post by acloco »

Has anybody tried the new bullets from CRT?

http://www.customreloadingtools.com/crt_016.htm
Neil S.
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Re: New 35 gr 204 bullets? Anybody tried them yet?

Post by Neil S. »

I have recieved mine but havn't loaded or fired them yet. They look really nice anyways. I am in the process of making a new stock for my savage 12FV, and I am waiting to do any more load testing until it is finished as the flexy plastic stock just isn't great for bench shooting. Oh, and I am using hand tools for all the shaping and inletting so it is going slooow! :eek: I am hoping to have it "bench ready" in a couple weeks (I've got maybe 40 hours into it already) and I will do some serious testing. I want to start with RL-10x but can't find any data (for the 35 berger). Guess I will use linear interpolation and work up to max slowly ;)
Trent
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 SPS Varminter

Post by Trent »

Neil S. wrote:I have received mine but haven't loaded or fired them yet. They look really nice anyways. I am in the process of making a new stock for my savage 12FV, and I am waiting to do any more load testing until it is finished as the flexy plastic stock just isn't great for bench shooting. Oh, and I am using hand tools for all the shaping and inletting so it is going slooow! :eek: I am hoping to have it "bench ready" in a couple weeks (I've got maybe 40 hours into it already) and I will do some serious testing. I want to start with RL-10x but can't find any data (for the 35 berger). Guess I will use linear interpolation and work up to max slowly ;)
Totally off topic, but Neal... I just recently shaped, inletted and finished this stock by hand for one of my R700 actions. I know exactly what you are going through right now. The devil is in the details! There is a good chance I'll be inletting a "flat top" synthetic stock for a Savage here shortly. Are you doing a single-shot action?

Neil S.
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by Neil S. »

Wow Trent that is one beautiful stock! Great job! My action is a repeater in center feed, but I want this to be more of a bench/varmint stock so I ordered one of the single shot followers from Sharp Shooters Supply :D . I always single feed off the bench anyways so this should make life easier.

Just beginning the inletting:

About 15 hours later:

Heres the pillar/devcon bedding job before any cleanup:

A fun (yet time consuming) project for sure! acloco-Didn't mean to hijack your thread!
Hedge
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage model 12 FLV

Post by Hedge »

Trent,

That is some fabulous looking wood and nice job on the rifle!
Savage 12 FCV .204 Ruger
Viper PST FFP 4-16x50

ImageImage
======
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity" Sigmund Freud.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Trent.....wow, nice job! If she shoots as good as she looks, that is/will be one sweet rifle. :D

Hedge: Lookin' good bud, looking forward to seeing her when she's "bench-ready". Should be wicked on ground rats, and look good doin' it too. ;)

On topic: I've got a small sample of the new CRT 34's, but haven't had a chance to load/fire any just yet. I'm looking forward to trying some in both my 20VT with RL-7 and in one of my 204's with 10X....most likely my Cooper M21 MTV. I'd like to hear any forum feedback on them too.......
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails