CCI Small Rifle Primers $19.99 on Cabela's Website

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
remy3424
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700, Tika T3, Ruger 77R MKII., Savage Pred., Rem XR100 +

CCI Small Rifle Primers $19.99 on Cabela's Website

Post by remy3424 »

I saw this Monday and on Tuesday ordered a pile of CCI 400s. I ordered 10 bricks, $20 haz mat plus $5 shipping (found a code for $5 shipping, use 2WFLAT in the promo code box, order must be over $150). There didn't seem to be a limit. $22.50 a brick tax, title and delivered to your door. CCI is usually my second choice, but for that price, they can be my first. The other CCI primers were only a couple dollars off, I saw some Hodgen powders were on sale also. Get after it if you need SRPs. They still show in stock.
Take a kid to the range, both of you will be glad you did. remy3424
GaryC
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12BTV

Re: CCI Small Rifle Primers $19.99 on Cabela's Website

Post by GaryC »

Remy,
I'm new to this site, new to .204 (kind of) and VERY new to reloading, i.e., I haven't even set up my press yet. I'm still in the initial 'information gathering stage' for powder, primers, bullets, and cases.

Let's talk about primers. :) I see Cabelas has the CCI 400 primers on sale for $20, which an hour run down the road will get them faster, and probably cost about as much as the HAZMAT fee, and I can look at powder, too, while I'm there.

You said CCI were your second choice. Why are they your second, what's your first and why? I'll take any info you can give me.

Regards,

Gary
http://www.catsmeowcafe.com/qrcode.htm

My avatar on other websites is a QR code, which I can't upload here. The link above takes you to the same place.

God, Family, Country
Trent
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 SPS Varminter

Re: CCI Small Rifle Primers $19.99 on Cabela's Website

Post by Trent »

I get a lot of pierced primers with the CCI 400's. I picked up some Remington 7 1/2 BR primers to see if that fixes it. The CCI 400 has one of the thinner cup thicknesses.