34 Grain Dogtown Bullets

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
Qtiphky
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 American

34 Grain Dogtown Bullets

Post by Qtiphky »

I have been loading these for about a year now and was wondering if anyone has any true world experience with these on northern coyotes? I haven't had the opportunity to shoot a yote yet, but they are devastating on crows and smaller ground critters. By northern coyotes I mean in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I am running them around 3418 fps, which I know is slow for the 204 but I get extremely great accuracy at this speed.

Any input would be welcomed.
Valar
.204 Ruger Guns: AR-15

Re: 34 Grain Dogtown Bullets

Post by Valar »

I havent tried them on coyotes yet. I did do barrel break in and initial sight in with them. They shoot very well. They are aflat back bullet so out to 200 or 250 yrds should be fine but data shows the boat tail is better at longer ranges? Thats data? I am shooting up my 40 grain vmaxes and will then shoot more dog towns. I too will be curiouse to see knock down potential. Im willing to bet it is fine!
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Re: 34 Grain Dogtown Bullets

Post by Bill K »

I have began playing with both the Dogtown(MidwayUSA) and Varmint Nightmare(Midsouth). Both have been working well, able to work up accurate loads and they do indeed do major damage to ground squirrels and jackrabbits. Only one coyote, so far, but it did put it down. Shooting them in a .223, 22-250 and 204. In 34, 50 & 55 grain bullets over either Varget or IMR8208. I think they are well worth the minimal cost. Bill K :)