35 berger

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
Jake
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 LRPV

35 berger

Post by Jake »

Hey guys I got on midway to look at ordering some 35 bergers to try in my 204. Then I saw that they come in moly or non-moly. I dont really want to mess with the moly unelss you guys are getting best results with it. Maybe I should try them both to know? thanks for help.
Quoddy
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Montana Varminter

Re: 35 berger

Post by Quoddy »

If you're going for a load workup scenario I've read that Berger is not going to continue moly coated bullets. I wrote them to either confirm or deny this because I am just about to place my next 35g order, but never got a reply. I'd hate to work up the ideal load only to find the bullets were no longer available. My Cooper prefers 39g Sierra's and 40g Berger's (note that they are both heavier and BT's), so it's not a big loss for me on the 35's.
Cooper Montana Varminter (.204 Ruger) with Swarovski Z5 3.5-18x44 (Ballistic Turret/Plex reticule)
Fred_C_Dobbs
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 Varminter Low Profile

Re: 35 berger

Post by Fred_C_Dobbs »

Moly -- or any other bullet coating (moly, WS2 or hBN) -- will not affect your accuracy in itself. It will, however, allow you to have a longer shooting session without having to stop to swab your bore. This is because the coating from the bullet that sticks to the barrel slows the build-up of the carbon and other gunk that eventually will degrade your accuracy, causing you to have to stop to clean your barrel.