Accurate Arms 2200 is back as a canister powder

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Accurate Arms 2200 is back as a canister powder

Post by glenn asher »

I know it's not really suitable for .204s, it's probably a little too fast, but it IS suitable and excellent for the Fireball cases, and some light bullet .223 loads (and .222).

This was a non-canister powder surplused by Accurate Arms about 10 years ago, and it was plenty popular for the smaller cased cartridges (and sold for about $10/lb. at that time, which explains a LOT about it's popularity).

Powder Valley, and probably others, finally got Accurate Arms' attention long enough to explain that folks liked the stuff, and they relented and are going to offer it as a canister powder, available all the time, in other words. Alas, the price has gone up, but it's available now, and it's a really good powder for Fireballs and such.

Now, if they'd just make some more 2230-C, I'd be a really happy camper. I've only got about 5 pounds left :cry: :cry: :cry: .
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
Bayou City Boy

Re: Accurate Arms 2200 is back as a canister powder

Post by Bayou City Boy »

"I heard it through the grape vine..." :lol:

http://www.saubier.com/forum.html

-BCB
Lenard
.204 Ruger Guns: 700 Remington

Re: Accurate Arms 2200 is back as a canister powder

Post by Lenard »

Glenn, 2200 is a fabulous powder in the 223 with 40 gr. Vmax. I am getting 3800 from my CZ Varmint and accuracy is excellent. I have also done some work with the 204 and 32 Vmax where accuracy is very good and again, 3800 fps. I am still trying to find the maximum load but have been hindered by the weather.

The same load of 2200 works well in three, 223's with exceptional accuracy. There are other powders that are preferred by others, but our results have been better than expected. I am contemplating having a PacNor barrel of mine chambered in the 20 VarTarg, which I hear likes the 2200 powder.

Lenard