34 grain dogtowns ?

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
hemiallen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 204r, 20vt one Sako-one Cooper, 17FB 17HH, 17JAVALENA

34 grain dogtowns ?

Post by hemiallen »

I have only tried 39SBK and 34 grain Dogtown bullets so far, but my Rem seems to like the 34's better than 39 Sierra's. Curious if they have a reputation for being sub par, or as good as the more expensive sierra's. Use will be Varmints, and H335 seems to give good groups in my gun.

Hoping to save some $ on the Dogtowns....

Thanks

Allen
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Re: 34 grain dogtowns ?

Post by glenn asher »

They aren't quite as explosive as the plastic tipped bullets, and I get an unexplained and unexpected flier every now and then, but they are pretty fair bullets, especially for the price (get them from Midsouth, not Midway, and save some money!!).

I've been using them with 2230-C, and Benchmark.
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
greystone
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VTR

Re: 34 grain dogtowns ?

Post by greystone »

glenn asher wrote:They aren't quite as explosive as the plastic tipped bullets, and I get an unexplained and unexpected flier every now and then, but they are pretty fair bullets, especially for the price (get them from Midsouth, not Midway, and save some money!!).

I've been using them with 2230-C, and Benchmark.
I agree with Glen. I've shot these things for over 2 years now and will be loading some more tonight. The Midsouth Varmint Xtremes are the same bullet as the DogTowns and are made by Nosler. I've loaded them with R10X, IMR and H4895, and H322 with good results. For the price they are hard to beat. I also will get an unexplained flier now and then but I can get them anyhow regardless of what I'm shooting. Have fun. Dave