Berger Bullets and Tac Powder

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

Berger Bullets and Tac Powder

Post by Ryan S Albright »

Does any body have the specs for this combo 35gr Berger bullets with Tac powder. I have been working on my Ruger V/T I have glass bedded and pillered the stock cut the barrel down to 21" replaced the trigger with a rifle basix and adjusted it to 15oz. and mounted a 10x40 power scope on the rifle? I loaded some dog town bullets with 26.1 grs of Tac and I have had a hard time getting a group with this load I noticed the primmers where flat and when de-primed that the anvils always fell out of the primmer. This should be a low load for this bullet should I keep increasing the loads.
OldTurtle
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage mod. 116 and Custom .204 AR

Re: Berger Bullets and Tac Powder

Post by OldTurtle »

Ryan, I'm having to go off memory on this, but I think I had better results with a charge of 26.3 gr of X-Terminator for the 35gr Bergers...

I tried TAC in a few and found the X-T burns a little faster and with the Magnum primers, gives me the groups that I want..

I usually reserve the TAC for my .223s.. but then, maybe my .204 barrels are a little more finicky..
AR
Factory/Factory
Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

Post by Ray P »

Ryan a load I used in a Ruger 204 w/ 26" Hart barrel 1 in 12 was
TAC/ 28.0/ 35 Berger OAL of 2.310 vel 3900. Winchest brass and Rem 7-1/2 primers.
Hope this helps.
Later
Ray P
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"
bow shot
.204 Ruger Guns: Rock River Arms AR-15 Varminter
Location: Central NY: infested with liberal wack-jobs and their damage

Post by bow shot »

Ryan, go to Berger's site and request the info you want. My expereince is that they (Walt Berger) reply immediately. I got my load data in a flash. Too bad I can't get their bullets in my area !!! :wall: ARRRRGH!