Brass Length

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
Joker
.204 Ruger Guns: Browning A-Bolt

Brass Length

Post by Joker »

How much does brass shorter then recommended trim length affect accuracy. Example: If you trim one too short to say 1.837 or the nosler brass that takes 5 loads to stretch to proper length. While using nosler brass for different load testing the brass stretches in different length. Should you seperate and shoot shorter brass together or just go with it and use with proper length brass until the shorter stretch to recommended lengths? Thanks.

Chris
jo191145

Re: Brass Length

Post by jo191145 »

Keeping them consistent in length is much more important than how long they actually are.

Savage VLP + NF 12x42 + 35 Bergers = .
Joker

Post by Joker »

so should i trim the nosler brass to the shortest one i have and keep doing that until they are in specs.
greystone
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VTR

Post by greystone »

Sunday I prepped some once fired Hornady brass that were factory rounds. They varied quite a bit in length with the short ones at 1.836. I trimmed them all to that length. It shouldn't be a problem for me. I don't load longer than what my magazine will hold so there will be plenty of bullet in the case.
Joker

Post by Joker »

Thanks. I just had this nosler brass sitting her for a while and didn't know what the heck to do. They vary so much and new i could not use them for load testing in that condition. I guess it will take a while until it stretches to recomended trim length. :wall:

Chris.