Primers Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
majcl5

Primers Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by majcl5 »

I cant find primers anywhere. CCI br-4 or CCI 450. Any suggestions
May Your Barrels Be Hot & Your Smiles Plentiful
Rem 700 VLSS .204
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS

Re: Primers Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Jim White »

You're probably going to have to search on line and switch to different brands. Some are better than none.

HTH

Jim
Viclaski
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmit Kevlar

Post by Viclaski »

Try Kesselring Gun's in Burlington, WA 360-724-3113, ask for Ty, Donnie or Preston.
Vic
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

maj: They've been off the shelves here at Sportsmans Whs now for about a month, none in any of the stores, and small rifle primers seem to be the most scarce. If you've been on the net lately on different forums, you'd have seen this has been going on for about three months, with most places backordered. When you DO find them, price gouging now seems to be in effect.

You'll just have to search far and wide now. Not good, but it should get better, hopefully before rat season is upon us. I'm not holding my breath though..... :? As Viclaski just mentioned, Kesserling's would be a good place to check, but right now. Ron Kesserling is a good guy, and also a rabid rat shooter.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Bitman
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VSSF

Post by Bitman »

How important is it to use Bench or Match primers for shooting P.dogs?
My local supplier has several 1000 of the CCI, small rifle primers, but no bench primers.
I don't remember if they where magnum or regular, does that matter?
I was thinking I should just buy all he has, and be happy.
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Bitman: Match or BR primers should give you the very last bit of consistency possible with any given load. Sometimes you won't even see the difference on a target, but if high precision is your goal, it is just the last little bit of insurance of consistency, which should (not always) result in slightly better accuracy.

For shooting PD's though, you should get by just fine with standard small rifle primers in the 204. If you've found some, get them now while you have the chance. You'll want 'standard' small rifle primers in the 204 case. Some hard to ignite powders may require magnum primers, some ball powders give better ignition with them, but for most 204 applications, standard should work just fine from my experience.

(It never hurts to have a few magnum SR primers on your bench to try with some powders, just to find out how they perform in your rifle.)
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

majcl5

Post by majcl5 »

I m good for this season but you never can have enough
May Your Barrels Be Hot & Your Smiles Plentiful
Rem 700 VLSS .204
Paul
.204 Ruger Guns: Encore w/ MGM barrel

Post by Paul »

I got some wolf primers the other day and paid about 12 dollars more than what they were worth. I cannot find any thing I need bullets, powder or primers are all hard to find.
Fatman
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 MKll

Post by Fatman »

I purchased 2000 cci 400 sm. rifle primers about two weeks ago from Natchez shooter supply, but they seem to be out today. Lots of internet searching, then buy them the second you can find them.
Gube
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage VLP and BTVSS. Tikka 3 stainless & grey laminate

Post by Gube »

Picked up the last box (1000) of CCI 450 magnums out at our local Ma and Pa shop. Could be a while before we see anymore out here in Sunny Alberta.
I now have about 5000 small rifle primers, so I should be okay for the upcoming grass maggot season. :twisted:
Savage Vaporizer
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Gube: "Grass maggot"....... still chuckeling on that one. Had not heard that particular description before down here. Good one. ;)
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Uncle Harry
.204 Ruger Guns: H&R Varminter w/ skeletonized composite stoc

Post by Uncle Harry »

Found some locally a couple days ago in a small shop-both small & large CCI's. Also found some H335 I've been looking for for months! No brass though (I was looking for .308 but ended up finding 100 or so in an unmarked box in my basement).

The haz-mat charges the mail order houses get is nuts. Maybe Obama will waive that?
Rick in Oregon

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Uncle Harry: Nobama is more likely to waive your 2nd Amendment rights! If he has his way, there'll be no powder for us to pay Haz-Mat charges on!
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

the_right_reverend
.204 Ruger Guns: RUGER KM77VT MKII

Post by the_right_reverend »

just to drop a hint if it helps anyone that reads this topic............ If you get near Mexico Missouri the Graf's Super reloading Outlet has Most everything in stock that is unavailable else were price roughly 10% above on line prices..... I did a pickup load while home for Christmas :wink:
It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men....Image
cshooter
.204 Ruger Guns: 77 MK 2 standard sporter

Post by cshooter »

Went to a gun show yesterday and found 1000 wsr's, on a table, after I was done the dealer pulled out another 1000 from under the table. Some other guy saw him do it and ran up to him and said he'd take all the rest that he had under the table. He walked away with about 12000 primers ! People are getting scared and hording supplies. I could of used about 3000 of those ! I guess I should have asked. I talked to another out of stock dealer later that day and he told me some guys are scared Obama is going to raise the tax on all amunition and components to the point shooting and hunting will be a rich mans sport. So they are hording up all they can get, but he also said he knows that some are just reselling them out at a profit, and that kind of scalping ticks me off ! I just buy what I think I'll need for the year and thats all, it's too bad some people are trying to make it hard on other shooters. I know a dealer who is sitting on 30000 primers but told me he was only giveing a 1000 primers and a couple pounds of any one powder to anyone untill summer because he wanted to make sure everybody will get at least some. I admire him for that.......