34gr Dogtowns and Benchmark

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
Hawkeye Joe

34gr Dogtowns and Benchmark

Post by Hawkeye Joe »

So far so good with the 34gr Midway Dogtowns and 26.6gr Benchmark. At 100 yards they seem just as accurate as the Bergers.They also have the same point of impact as my 26.6gr Benchmark and 35gr Berger load at 100. The only thing different other than the bullet is a Remington 71/2 primer and a OAL (tip to base) of 2.206.(Berger load is 2.260) This makes the 34gr Dogtown stick out .020 further than the Berger if your using a comparator. That .020 was all I need to keep inside case volume the same for both loads. Can't wait to see what they'll do at two and three hundred yards. If they do well out to 300, I'll be shooting them with my Savage Predator in our 300 yard prone(sling only,no bipod) and 3 position club matches. I'm sure I'll get a few laughs till they see what the 204 with that tiny little pea can do. I'll bet these Doggies do a good job exploding a Crow :chin: . The Berger's kinda lack in the fun department when shooting vermin :roll: .

Looks like it's nothing but Fed GM205M's and Rem 71/2 primers for this years plinking. That's all I can get in these parts. I guess I shouldn't complain because we have LOTS in stock. I do still have 600 BR4's though :smirk:.
Hawkeye Joe (Mike)
Savage model 10 Predator, 3-9 Nikon Omega
07 LRPV, 35X45 Leupold Competition

Lenard
.204 Ruger Guns: 700 Remington

Re: 34gr Dogtowns and Benchmark

Post by Lenard »

Mike, the 34 grainers I tested the other day, seemed to group quite well. I should be able to tell you more on wednesday when I compare them to the 32 grain Vmax.
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Post by acloco »

Report back at 200 and 300 yards. Hopefully your results will be good. :)
Hawkeye Joe

Post by Hawkeye Joe »

Made it to the range today to give the 34gr Dogtowns a try at two and three hundred yards. At 100 the 34gr Dogtowns had the same point of impact as the 35gr Bergers with the same powder charge. Accuracy was also identicle. Not so at two and three hundred. Four inches low at two and eight low at three with MOA doubling the 35gr Bergers. They'll be my go to bullet for yard clean up and 100 yard off-hand matches. For long range accuracy the Berger win hands down. I had this volunteer to study effectiveness on game. He did a nice back flip to the right.
Hawkeye Joe (Mike)
Savage model 10 Predator, 3-9 Nikon Omega
07 LRPV, 35X45 Leupold Competition