Case Trimming - RCBS Trim Pro and 3-Way Cutter

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
Ryan55555
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VS SFII

Case Trimming - RCBS Trim Pro and 3-Way Cutter

Post by Ryan55555 »

I am considering purchasing a RCBS Trim Pro Power Case Trimmer to help speed up my case prep process. I am also interesed in using a Trim Pro 3-Way cutter with it.

Do they work well? Are they worth the investment? How about the Case Trimmer Collets?

I am currently using a modified Lee case trimmer that I put on my cordless drill which works well but it seems difficult to get the case to spin without some wobble in it. I am looking to be a bit more precise.

Thanks,

Ryan
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Re: Case Trimming - RCBS Trim Pro and 3-Way Cutter

Post by acloco »

Don't give up on the Lee yet.

Trick #43 - with your dremel equipped with a thin cutoff wheel (getting nervous yet?), scribe two lines across the base of your Lee holder (piece that you screw the various cartridge holder onto). Base of the cartridge will now be held firm when you tighten the collar/case holder. Make sure you shove the cartridge case all the way against the collar/case holder.
Little Club

Post by Little Club »

Ryan5's, what modification did you do to the Lee trimmer? They still don't make one for the 204. acloco, great #43, always got some occasional wobble, no more :D
Ryan55555
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VS SFII

Post by Ryan55555 »

I bought a .222 Lee case length tool and turned it down on a lathe. It works alright but not sure if it as accurate as other trimmers.
futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

Post by futuretrades »

i started out with a lyman trimmer i bought brand new. trimmed a lot of .223 brass with it. to make things a little easier i bought an rcbs trim pro. after using this for a while i bought a power adapter for it. my only regret is, Why didn't I do this in the first place best piece of loading equipment i invested in. and if you are thinking of the trim pro 3-way cutter.do it! i love mine and what a time saver and work saver. :eek:
most sporting goods that offer reloading equipment will probably have the trimmer collets, even for the204
just my 2 cents
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.
Keith in Ga

Post by Keith in Ga »

I used the RCBS Trim Pro and cutter that our pd guide has at his shop. He had it set up for 22-250, and with a little practice, it was pretty fast. I thought the shell holder wasn't as secure as I would like, but it worked o.k. He loads a lot of ammo and in different calibers, and he needs "speed". For me, I load in pd quantities (and a year between shoots), and use a Wilson trimmer. The Wilson is much slower, but I think it's much more precise.
Guess it's more a decision as to your reloading volume, and how much you want to spend.
ImageImage