TAC Results

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
Gmoney
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Predator Hunter .204 topped with a Leupy 4-12

TAC Results

Post by Gmoney »

Haven't been posting much lately but I wanted to bring ya'll up to speed on my new powder that I'll be using for my .204 and all my .223's including AR's.

I have been getting spectacular results with Ramshot TAC. No chrony speeds, sorry.

This was a group with the 40 Vmax out of my Savage Predator Hunter. It goes way, way low. The largest group from the starting load to the max load was in the .3's.

I have shot similar groups with the 35 Berger with TAC.

This powder trickles like water, is clean burning, and fouls at a very minimum. I've been meaning to post this for sometime but never have.

I've got 16 pounds of TAC on the way and will use it extensively as I've seen enough.

Never see much about TAC on here so I figured I'd share...

Ya'll have a good one...

-Greg
http://www.Predatoroutfitters.com

Fully guided predator hunting by guys who live and breathe it.
dannybracy
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12LRPV w/ VX-L Leupold 6.5-20x56 VHR, Savage 12FV.204

Re: TAC Results

Post by dannybracy »

I think you found your MONEY RECIPE!!!!!! Very nice shooting. I will be picking up a bottle for some upcoming testing. Would you mind sharing some more of your info as my savages love 40gr V-maxes also! Thanks -dan

p.s. you shoulda stopped shooting at 3 shots... the 4th and 5th opened it up quite a bit :eek: !!! haha ;)
***Danny Bracy***

'07 Savage 12LRPV .204 w/ VX-L Leupold 6.5-20x56 VHR
'07 Superior Arms AR15 20" Bull Varmint .223
Gmoney

Post by Gmoney »

Danny,

The bottom 2 holes were from the 25.7 load about 1MOA below the load pictured and were not in the 25.5 group. The 25.7 load went into .4" if I remember correctly. I use one point of aim when I'm working up loads and adjust the scope between loads. Weird I know but I can fit lots and lots of groups onto a single target when I'm not running a ladder test...grin...

My brass is R-P, primer is CCI BR-4's. Can't give you an OAL off the top of my head without my notes.

The sad thing Danny is that the 3 bullets I've tried in this Savage Predator (32 and 40 Vmax and 35 Berger) with 2 powders (Benchmark and TAC) all have produced groups no bigger than .5MOA with at least one group per bullet under .2"...

Here is the 35 Berger load...

dannybracy
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12LRPV w/ VX-L Leupold 6.5-20x56 VHR, Savage 12FV.204

Post by dannybracy »

Gmoney, I figured knew I was just throwing you some crap..... You must be a heck of a shot then to have all your groups under a half inch but I bet you'll agree with me---->gotta love them Savages! Congrats on the good groups and the post, now I gotta go grab a pound of TAC and have a little fun myself! -Dan
***Danny Bracy***

'07 Savage 12LRPV .204 w/ VX-L Leupold 6.5-20x56 VHR
'07 Superior Arms AR15 20" Bull Varmint .223
Gmoney

Post by Gmoney »

I'm just a guy who loves to shoot and get out in the woods Danny. Call it how you see it I guess on the guy behind the trigger.... :chin:

Ya'll take care now...

Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

Post by Ray P »

Gmoney.........One pet load I have is Tac/ 27.5/40 Berger vel. approx 3750. I've also tried Ramshots Biggame powder.......Biggame/30.0/39 Sierra.....vel approx 3840
These are shot out of a 26" Hart barrel with a custom 204 Ruger chamber.
These powder meter and measure very good.
I was tring there powders with burn rates around BLC-2 and H-4895, IMR 3031. :idea:
Good luck and be safe.
Later
Ray P
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

I can get any Accurate Arms powder I want around here, but no one is selling Ramshot stuff locally :( . I DID try a pound of TAC several years ago, in various .223 loads, and was very happy with the results, but because I can't find it locally, have never followed up. I hate that I can't get it here, but most dealers won't stock every available powder, and I can't blame them, with the huge variety out there now. Same deal with Vihtavouri powders, no one locally stocks them. It makes it rough sometimes, but I can sure "make do" with Hodgdon's wide variety, and Alliant's pitifully narrow selection.
TAC is good stuff, I wish they DID sell it here.
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

Post by Ray P »

glenn.............Don't know if you get any of Midway's fliers or a catelog. I know there's a haz-mat fee. They seam to stock Ramshot powders. I found some on sale and the price wasn't to bad even with the haz-mat shipping.
Here's a direct address Western Powder Inc, Miles City, Montana
1-800-497-1007
Later
Ray P
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"