Changing primers.

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
foxwhistler
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington L.V.S.F

Changing primers.

Post by foxwhistler »

I`ve been using BR4 primers for a while now,and got good loads for 32 V-max and 39gr Sierras.The problem is that i`m running a bit low now and cant seem to get any more locally.The local gunshop has said he can get Remi 7.5`s easily.
My question is,do you think i will notice a lot of change in velocity`s and accuracy.I realise i will have to start loading with lower powder weights and work my way back up,just to be safe.Many thanks,Jamie.
I only have to be lucky once,
the fox has to be lucky every time!
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Re: Changing primers.

Post by skipper »

As I recall, there was a 9 fps increase over the CCI BR-4 shooting the same load. They worked well. I seemed to get a hair better accuracy from the CCI BR-4s though. I would not think twice about trying them.
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
heikki02003
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage LRPV

Re: Changing primers.

Post by heikki02003 »

Foxwhistler, you got it. The 7.5's are DEFINITLY hotter than the BR4's, start out low. You will get greater velocity and preasure with the 7.5's all else being equal. I personally don't think that any primer is more accurate than the other, it's dependant upon the combination. You'll find the right mix, my neighbour shoots the 7.5's with H4895 and 32gr Sierra's very accurately.
Kyle