P-Dog prep

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
crazy2medic
.204 Ruger Guns: custom .204 left hand bolt.

P-Dog prep

Post by crazy2medic »

I have 500rds that has been sized, trimmed, chamfered and primed, now to get it loaded before May 16th, I already have 600rds loaded and ready to go, mostly 35gr bergers, some calhoon 33gr and I'll load about 200rds of 40gr v-max, then finish with more bergers, Prairie Dogs better watch out, me and my boy are coming back, I'm even bringing my Dad with me! he bought my NEF .204, three .204's ought to reek havoc on them!

took most of a week to get all that case work done! but it took 3 months to get my hands on 500rds of Remington brass
Coyote, Cat, Crow, 204 fodder!
Lee C.

Re: P-Dog prep

Post by Lee C. »

Well have fun on your pdog shoot crazy2medic, and let us know how it turns out for you guys.
contender hunter
.204 Ruger Guns: Thompson Contender 23'' Bull BBL. Custom laminate Stock

Post by contender hunter »

Crazy 2 , Wish I was going with you !!!! Have fun!! You have quite a selection of different bullets loaded up , Have you noticed that any of them shoot same point of impact or are you going to site in for different bullets as you go along .
crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

I'm all sighted in, the 35gr bergers and the 40gr v-max shoot to the same poa, the 33gr calhoons go a little high by about an inch, since we'll be shooting 200 to 400yds I can compensate for that! my custom built .204 and my boy's howa both shoot the 35gr and the 40gr with tight little groups, so we are just getting our ammo supply up! I would like to put them on a 200yd target to verify poi, but I'll have to watch for that chance some time between now and may!
Arizona Hunter

Post by Arizona Hunter »

Crazy,
Do you have p-dogs in Texas? Or do you have to drive up to CO, WY, MT or SD?

Sounds like you will have a lot of fun. I bet my dad would have enjoyed p-dogs if he had been given the opportunity.
crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Yes, we have prairie dogs in the texas panhandle