Which one do I pick?

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.

Which powder measure should I get?

Redding BR-30
50%
Redding 3BR
6%
Harrell Premium Culver Powder Measure
39%
Belding & Mull
6%

Total votes: 18

Super 91

Re: Which one do I pick?

Post by Super 91 »

You got it! Match the tube to the brass. Play with how you rotate the handle. I like to bring it all the way up and tap it twice. Then bring it down and hold the handle till all powder stops flowing. Keep the measure 1/2 -2/3 full for most consistant metering.

Have fun with one awesome measure! Looking forward to the pics too!
WHISTLEPIG

Post by WHISTLEPIG »

I just love spending money for other people so why don't you look at the stand Sinclair's has for the Harrel measure. I really like mine.
Squatting Wolf
.204 Ruger Guns: '07 Savage 12 LRPV

Post by Squatting Wolf »

WHISTLEPIG -

Is this the stand you are talking about?

http://www.sinclairintl.com/cgi-bin/cat ... type=store

At this point what's any 45 bucks! :D

I've been assessing my setup and I'm thinking a stand is going to be my best bet. If I mount it to my bench, it's going to be too low, I have a work around to where I can mount it to one of my cabinets. The downfall is I have to take it on and off in order to shut the door. I was so excited when I ordered the dang powder measure that I didn't even think about the stand!

I also hear you on loving to spend money for other people. I just convinced a buddy to order a new AR in .204! I'm working on convincing him he needs a Mark 4 Leupold to go with it!! The only problem is when it comes in, I am going to want one myself.

Pictures of the setup to come shortly!
It's more important where ya hit 'em, than what ya hit 'em with.
'07 Savage 12 LRPV .204 w/ Leupold VX-II 6-18 LRV reticle
Squatting Wolf

Post by Squatting Wolf »

Here's a few picture of my new setup. My brother and I put it together one afternoon a couple months back. I don't have a whole lot invested, I think like 70 bucks in materials is all. My brother was able to scavange up the solid wood door which I used as the workbench surface as well as the two hickory cabinets, the slat board and all the hardware for hanging the shelves. My dad cut me some used glass for the shelves themselves. Basically I bought the 2x's and the light that is hanging above it. I don't think it turned out too bad.

I'm working on collecting all the tools needed, before I moved out on my own, dad and I would reload. I still have a few tools to go but as far as reloading for the .204, I've got everything I need. The powder measure was the missing piece I needed.

Here's a few pictures...I realized once I got downstairs that I could squeeze the whole bench into a picture so I had to take a couple angled shots to show the entire setup.

Here's a picture of the Redding T-7

Here's a picture of the new Harrell...I'll end up getting a stand but for now this will have to do!

Squatting Wolf

Post by Squatting Wolf »

Well I made a run to the gun shop over the weekend and pictured up of reloading components. I was able to get 600 rounds of .204 loaded up Sunday afternoon! I'm very happy with the Harrell so far :D . It is very consistent and the smaller drop tube is perfect for the .204.

I picked up some components to reload my .41 mag as well so the next powder that I will try will be 2400.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Matt: It looks like you've got a nice, well organized reloading area set up now. Nice setup, bud. Glad you like the Harrell measure too. That's about as good as it gets.

I remember once upon a time, long ago, I had a nice, well organized, uncluttered reloading area too. Now it resembles what my wife calls "the mad scientist laboratory" or similar chiding remarks. The more I think about it, the more I think she's right. :eek: I need a larger house. My room gets smaller every year it seems..... :?

Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Squatting Wolf

Post by Squatting Wolf »

Rick - my reloading bench is only about 3 months old...give it time and it'll probably look like yours :lol: !! I'm just starting my collection of tools and componets as you can tell from the pictures, my shelves are pretty bare! However since those pictures were taken I added 8 pounds of H322, a pound of 2400 and a pound of Benchmark plus a couple thousand small rifle primers and some goodies for the .41 mag. Slowly but surely my setup is coming together!