RCBS 10-10 SCALE

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
contender hunter
.204 Ruger Guns: Thompson Contender 23'' Bull BBL. Custom laminate Stock

RCBS 10-10 SCALE

Post by contender hunter »

Just picked up a used ( in new condition ) RCBS 10-10 scale from a buddy , to up-grade from my old 505 , seems pretty straight forward except for the the wheel at the right hand side of the beam to dial in for one grain increments and 1/10 , just different , I'll get use to it , is there any little tidbits of info I should be aware of before I get loading ????

Seems like a quality scale compared to my old 505 , but it did the job for along time !!!!

Almost forgot , I just heard that the RCBS Rockchucker is being made in China now !!! When will it ever end !!!! is this true ??? They also mentioned the Redding big boss is still made in the USA !!! Does anyone have the big boss ?? Was wondering what they thought of it ??
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Re: RCBS 10-10 SCALE

Post by skipper »

contender hunter

I've been using the RCBS 10-10 scale for years now and really like it. They are pretty straight forward. The only quirky thing is that you need to have your eyes the same level each time because there is a gap between the moving and fixed pointers. I also use a magnifying glass so I can see the pointers better.

Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
contender hunter
.204 Ruger Guns: Thompson Contender 23'' Bull BBL. Custom laminate Stock

Post by contender hunter »

Skipper , I was having trouble seeing the marks on my old scale ,so years ago I made a platform for the scale and trickler to sit on . there elevated at least 15'' up high to eye level where its easy to see , I couldn't go back to trying to see the marks if it was way down low on the table , a sign of age I guess or maybe dumb like a fox!!!!
tclover
.204 Ruger Guns: contender

Post by tclover »

I have a 10-10 and love it........
Lee C.

Post by Lee C. »

Thanks guys for the info on the 10 10 scale. I've been thinking about getting one. I sure like the way you set yours up Skipper with the magnifying glass that will help me alot with my poor eyes.
Buster
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by Buster »

I have one that sits in a box because I can't figure out how to zero the thing! The only way I can get the needle to zero is if the wheel on the right side is moved clear to the right of where the zero setting is. It's almost as if the adjustment (up & down) underneath on the left side doesn't go far enough down. Anyone else have a problem zeroing there's?
Silverfox
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12VLP purchased in June 2004 + 2 other custom .204s

Post by Silverfox »

Buster--you may be able to fix that problem by removing the pan from its holder, then take the pan holder off your scale. If you look at pan holder you will see a Phillips head bolt there. Take that bolt out carefully and you can either add weight or remove weight to try to make your scale balance. It doesn't take a lot of weight in the hollow part of the pan holder to make a big difference. I used some tiny links from a broken gold chain. Depending on how much weight you need to add or remove, you may want to try some BBs or something of that nature that is not going to rust or deteriorate in any way.
Catch ya L8R--Silverfox
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Post by skipper »

Excellent call there, Silverfox. Look at the picture of my scale again. Notice the box of primers sitting under the front foot of my scale. My relaoding bench isn't all that level so the box of primers helps. There's more than one way to skin that cat.
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
Buster
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by Buster »

Thanks, Silverfox, I hadn't even thought of that! I'm going to upgrade to a digital one of these years, but for now the old 5-0-5 works well enough. I'll play around with the 10-10 and see if I can't get it up and running.