Montana, Idaho and Utah Guys

Share information about reloading the 204 Ruger.
Singleshot

Montana, Idaho and Utah Guys

Post by Singleshot »

What are the good sources for Berger bullets in these states? I have a friend who is making a trip down to Salt Lake City in two weeks and the dollar is at par finally. Yeeehaw!
Matthew

Re: Montana, Idaho and Utah Guys

Post by Matthew »

In Utah here, try sporstsmans warehouse but its kinda hit or miss if they have any them in stock. There or two that I know of one in Riverdale on Riverdale road and one in S.L.C. on 72000 South if memory serves me correctly, and last but not least Cabelas just a touch South of SLC.
IMHO its eaiser to buy stuff online rather than hunting it down but if its on the shelf and im wondering in any of those stores all pick them up even if I dont need them at the time.

Matt
NHS

Post by NHS »

I was in Cabelas this afternoon. They had .204's in stock. 35s and 40s $18.99 a box. I haven't been to Sportsmans in a while. It is hard to get there when Cabelas is 5 minutes from my house.

I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it.
Singleshot

Post by Singleshot »

Thanks to the Utah guys. I guess I should have added that he will be driving from Alberta through Montana and Idaho.
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Post by acloco »

Scheel's in the Holiday Village mall in Great Falls, Montana had a good selection of Bergers and more when I was there this summer.
NHS

Post by NHS »

If he is coming through Montana and Idaho, he can probably hit 3 or 4 Sportsman's Warehouse stores on the way down. I'm sure a few of them have Bergers in stock. Here is a link to their store locator website.

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/store_locator.cfm

NHS

I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it.
Rugerdogdog
.204 Ruger Guns: DPMS Panther Arms LR-204

Post by Rugerdogdog »

Probably a little late here but, I dont like Sportsmens and wouldn't suggest you go there but in SLC it's on 7200So., there is no 72000. (a typo I'm sure but people complain about their address system alot)
I would try Gallenson's, Right downtown on 200So. or Doug's Shootin Sports on Redwood Rd.(best to call and ask what they have but they are darn good folks)
Again I don't like SW but they usually have quite a few Bergers in stock.
DPMS Panther Arms LR-204 24" Stainless Fluted Heavy Barrel

There is a place for all of Gods creatures...RIGHT NEXT TO THE POTATOES AND GRAVY.
Singleshot

Post by Singleshot »

Thanks to all for the tips. My friend left this past Monday morning with a list of all the big outlets along his route to Salt Lake City. He will be visiting the Cabelas store south of SLC and hopefully his son who lives there will know of these other sporting goods stores suggested by Rdd. Hopefully, he can find some 35 grain Bergers. Once I got all the copper out of my barrel I got my group size down to .257" with them :eek: .