Nervous Neighbors

Discussion about topics not related to hunting or the 204 Ruger.
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Nervous Neighbors

Post by skipper »

Recently I was pulling weeds in my back yard. I live on a lake with a sidewalk all the way around just outside my back fence. A couple of walkers started talking and pointing at me. I realized that my sidearm was showing and they had noticed it. Even though Texas is an open carry state I usually try to keep my weapon covered up. I believe that is the philosophy most adhere to around here where I live.

I think that seeing my sidearm made my neighbors a little uneasy. It was either that OR maybe my plumber's butt sticking out while pulling weeds. Ever happen to you?
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: Nervous Neighbors

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Yes it has. But the upside for me here, is that most of my neighbors know I carry 24/7, so for some at least, it's a comforting sight when it occurs, but I'm pretty careful to keep my PDW under wraps most all the time. But we're always in danger of some well meaning fool coming to the wrong conclusion too.

We call it a "concealed weapon" for a reason, right? ;) Best to keep it that way.

Skipper: Get a longer shirt! :mrgreen:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

Yes it has. But like Rick said concealed carry should be priority and never show or print is the best thing you can do. Bill K :)
WylieC
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger American Predator .204

Post by WylieC »

I've seen it around here. Their reaction makes me sad but I do think the more often that people see guns out in public that don't go boom, the more back to the old ways we will go. Helps to show them that it ain't the gun. Its the intent of the person with the gun
Tom Kat
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527

Post by Tom Kat »

IN Kansas, people do open carry. Not all the time, but no one here would care very much. I have asked people at the gas station, walmart, etc if anyone ever says anything and they say no.

We are a constitutonal carry state, but I have a CCW permit. I normally cover mine up.
The more people I know, the more I love my dog.
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

That is nice and the way it should be in every state. Open or not showing and others just going on their way and not paying attention to a person witha firearm, not showing signs of wanting to do something criminal. :)
Tom Kat
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527

Post by Tom Kat »

Bill K wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:51 am That is nice and the way it should be in every state. Open or not showing and others just going on their way and not paying attention to a person witha firearm, not showing signs of wanting to do something criminal. :)
Totally agree. When I worked in downtown Topeka, lunch out was like an armory. At any time you could see TPD, capital police, County deputies, US marshals, KBI, and highway patrol. Guns everywhere. The afore mentioned folks has no problem with law abiding people all around them at lunch carrying.

When all the BS started 2 summers ago, the panty assed protesters got flushed quickly from the city. The Capital police are trained and equiped for that nonsense. I will add that it is totally legal to carry a gun into the state house and attend the legislature. Thats the law.
The more people I know, the more I love my dog.