204 Ruger dot com Postal Shoot

Participate in friendly board-wide competitions.
BunGhoLeo

Post by BunGhoLeo »

skipper wrote:Come on guys, there are going to be a lot of guys in the majority here. The majority of shooters will lose. Only a few will win. I would be pretty sad if the majority of members here didn't enter.
There will only be one winner per class. Second place is just the first loser. :)
Verminator2
.204 Ruger Guns: DPMS 24" stainless fluted.

Post by Verminator2 »

On the Ar's, what if we have a factory upper and a different brand of lower? What if we have put a new stock or grip or trigger on it? Are we going to have different classes of HDR's? So, it is legal to put a dot in the circle if we desire?
Bomb Squad: If you see me running, try and keep up
WrzWaldo
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR-100 / Savage-Douglas-Richards

Post by WrzWaldo »

Verminator2 wrote:On the Ar's, what if we have a factory upper and a different brand of lower? What if we have put a new stock or grip or trigger on it? Are we going to have different classes of HDR's? So, it is legal to put a dot in the circle if we desire?
Nope no sub classes, HDR is wide open. You can draw anything you like on the target.
Verminator2

Post by Verminator2 »

Ok, cool, I'm in.
Verminator2

Post by Verminator2 »

When does this start/stop again?
WrzWaldo

Post by WrzWaldo »

Rules will be posted Monday.

Targets will be mailed out the end of this month and must be postmarked on return by October 1st.
Rugerdogdog
.204 Ruger Guns: DPMS Panther Arms LR-204

Post by Rugerdogdog »

I just wanted to add two more cents on the factory vs. custom ammo debate.But I must say I will be happy with whatever Waldo decides.
I think there has to be some disstinction to help out those who don't "roll their own". I do reload so I think I'm being impartial by saying so. I think what we will see is the top five in all catergories will be handloaders. I don't think those who have not gotten into reloading yet, for whatever reason, should have worse finishes because they don't have time, funds, equipment, room etc. to reload. And at the risk of sounding "soft", wouldn't it be funner to have more class winners? A couple more people with bragging rights? ("Ya, your gun is good but I won the hottly contested FACTORY ammo class!") Again I am not saying this to help myself at all because I will be shooting hand loads and there are doubtless Kimbers, Savages, and Coopers that will out shoot my HDR even with factory ammo. Did I mention I need a new TRIGGER?????? LOL
DPMS Panther Arms LR-204 24" Stainless Fluted Heavy Barrel

There is a place for all of Gods creatures...RIGHT NEXT TO THE POTATOES AND GRAVY.
Verminator2

Post by Verminator2 »

So what are the official rules now?
Mike
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper, RRA

Post by Mike »

Rugerdogdog wrote:.
I think there has to be some disstinction to help out those who don't "roll their own". I do reload so I think I'm being impartial by saying so. I think what we will see is the top five in all catergories will be handloaders.
You will also see very few people who shoot factory ammo enter the contest, which would be a shame.
Hawkeye Joe

Post by Hawkeye Joe »

Just to let you guys Know. My LRPV will not be in the postal shoot :shock: . I feel it's a unfair advantage for me in the factory class. And I'm not cool with that :!: I'll be shootin my 100% FACTORY VLP with Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14. I'll be tweekin some loads for it this weekend :twisted: .
Hawkeye Joe (Mike)
Savage model 10 Predator, 3-9 Nikon Omega
07 LRPV, 35X45 Leupold Competition

BunGhoLeo

Post by BunGhoLeo »

Hawkeye Joe wrote:Just to let you guys Know. My LRPV will not be in the postal shoot :shock: . I feel it's a unfair advantage for me in the factory class. And I'm not cool with that :!: I'll be shootin my 100% FACTORY VLP with Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14. I'll be tweekin some loads for it this weekend :twisted: .
That's funny. Was just talking to Glen on the phone, and i told him i'd be shooting my No. 1 in the factory/factory class because it shoots better then my LRPV. Corse i just found out the stock is pressing on the barrel quite a bit, and the winchester 34gr lub-a-lax ammo might not be helping either.

Oh, and if your "Tweaking loads" you won't be in the factory/factory class. You'd be in the factory/custom class.
Hawkeye Joe

Post by Hawkeye Joe »

I'll be in the Factory rifle class with handloads. Factory/custom is for them BIG $$$$ rifles.

You must have one of them bad stocks.Or the action holes are off :roll: :mad: . Bummer... I would send it back!!. That's the first thing I look at on a new rifle.A centered barrel helps :x
Hawkeye Joe (Mike)
Savage model 10 Predator, 3-9 Nikon Omega
07 LRPV, 35X45 Leupold Competition

BunGhoLeo

Post by BunGhoLeo »

Last edited by BunGhoLeo on Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sick1

Post by sick1 »

PM sent
NRA Life Member
WrzWaldo

Post by WrzWaldo »

Note:

This shoot is open to you folks overseas as well. You need to sign up early so you can get your targets shot and back by the deadline.

I've seen some posts from Northern Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, and our neighbors to the north...