204 Ruger dot com Postal Shoot

Participate in friendly board-wide competitions.
204Shooter
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77II Ultralight

Post by 204Shooter »

WrzWaldo wrote:Best I can do is the honor system. Cheaters will only be cheating themselves. I'm hoping the lack of prize money will keep everyone honest.
So if there are powder burns on my target, does that disqualify me? :shhh: :wink:
Marriage is the only sport where the trapped animal has to buy the license! ... Just kiddin honey! :hail:
BunGhoLeo

Post by BunGhoLeo »

RICK HAHA, that is a good one!
WrzWaldo
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR-100 / Savage-Douglas-Richards

Post by WrzWaldo »

204Shooter wrote:
WrzWaldo wrote:Best I can do is the honor system. Cheaters will only be cheating themselves. I'm hoping the lack of prize money will keep everyone honest.
So if there are powder burns on my target, does that disqualify me? :shhh: :wink:
Depends on how long the barrel on your shooter is. :lol:
Hawkeye Joe

Post by Hawkeye Joe »

skipper wrote:
How do we keep everyone honest.
Hopefully we'll all have the INTEGRITY needed for this type of event :!: I also agree on leaving bullet type/weight out.
Hawkeye Joe (Mike)
Savage model 10 Predator, 3-9 Nikon Omega
07 LRPV, 35X45 Leupold Competition

Mike
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper, RRA

Re: Classes

Post by Mike »

BunGhoLeo wrote:BUT, in reality i think the odds of someone on here having a custom rifle and NOT reloading is perty slim, so we could do away with that class and just have three class's, would have to wait and see the entry's.
I'm sure that I'm in the minority, but I would fall into the Modified Rifle/Factory Ammo group.

I agree with others who say that we should depend on the integrity of our forum members. We complain about overwhelming legislation and frivolous laws every day in our government. Why in the world would we want to create such an environment here? This is supposed to be a fun event. I'd sure hate to see the fun get legislated right out of it!
WrzWaldo

Post by WrzWaldo »

Honor system it is.
Robert harrel
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger 77 m ll,cooper mod21, rem 700,savage12 fvb,savage lrpv

Post by Robert harrel »

wrzwaldo i looked @ the targets and if i took a sharpie and put a smaller dot inside the aiming square would that be okay or foul. never done any thing like this before and was curious.
If not for my forgetful nature remembering things would be no problem at all.
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Post by skipper »

O.K. so when do we begin??? I'm ready for some fun and this sounds like a hoot. :w00t:

Sing me up for a custom rifle and custom ammo. I'll be out at the bench tonight loading up some match grade pills courtesy of Mr. Walt Berger.

I also want to shoot my XR-100. It is box stock and I'll be shooting hand loads.

You do understand that using .204" to determine group size is going to skew the groups sizes smaller? A .204 doesn't make a .204" hole in paper. It's more like .194-.196. I'm not complaining, mind you. If everyone agrees on using .204" that's fine with me. We had this discussion about a year ago on this forum. Before that discussion everyone used .204" but after it was brought to our attention that this was an improper way to measure group size I started shooting a single hole on the side of the target to use as the subtractor. Like I said, I'll be very happy to go along with the group's decision. As long as everyone agrees, it shouldn't matter.
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
WrzWaldo

Post by WrzWaldo »

Robert harrel wrote:wrzwaldo i looked @ the targets and if i took a sharpie and put a smaller dot inside the aiming square would that be okay or foul. never done any thing like this before and was curious.
I have no problem with that.
WrzWaldo

Post by WrzWaldo »

skipper wrote:O.K. so when do we begin??? I'm ready for some fun and this sounds like a hoot. :w00t:
I'll have the targets in the mail by months end. All returned targets must be postmarked by 01 Octoberber 2007. I know some of you will get your targets before the others, sorry nothing I can do about that.

Sing me up for a custom rifle and custom ammo. I'll be out at the bench tonight loading up some match grade pills courtesy of Mr. Walt Berger.

I also want to shoot my XR-100. It is box stock and I'll be shooting hand loads.
Pssst... What ya shooting in your XR? :eek:

You do understand that using .204" to determine group size is going to skew the groups sizes smaller? A .204 doesn't make a .204" hole in paper. It's more like .194-.196. I'm not complaining, mind you. If everyone agrees on using .204" that's fine with me. We had this discussion about a year ago on this forum. Before that discussion everyone used .204" but after it was brought to our attention that this was an improper way to measure group size I started shooting a single hole on the side of the target to use as the subtractor. Like I said, I'll be very happy to go along with the group's decision. As long as everyone agrees, it shouldn't matter.
So let's call it .195! Done deal.
Last edited by WrzWaldo on Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skipper

Post by skipper »

WrzWaldo

XR-100 load.

30.0 gr. Retumbo (compressed load of course), Blazer aluminum cases, 50 gr. Berger VLD's and Federal 200 primers. :bs:

What are you gonna shoot?

No seriously, I think everyone can gleen over my posts and see that MY XR-100 likes 25.1 gr. RE-10X, Norma brass, CCI BR-4 primers and the 40 gr. Bergers. This is my XR-100's favorite food. Try it, you'll like it. Oh, I forgot, OAL is 2.255".
Hawkeye Joe

Post by Hawkeye Joe »

It would be nice if we all put a crispy $buck$ or two in with the returned targets to cover costs.... What class is my LRPV in?
I FOUND A MISSING LINK. I'm still using my press to prime cases :oops: Not any more :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Hawkeye Joe on Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hawkeye Joe (Mike)
Savage model 10 Predator, 3-9 Nikon Omega
07 LRPV, 35X45 Leupold Competition

skipper

Post by skipper »

$$$ Sounds like a fair deal. I'm glad I'm not the event host.
WrzWaldo

Post by WrzWaldo »

skipper wrote:WrzWaldo

XR-100 load.

30.0 gr. Retumbo (compressed load of course), Blazer aluminum cases, 50 gr. Berger VLD's and Federal 200 primers. :bs:

What are you gonna shoot?

No seriously, I think everyone can gleen over my posts and see that MY XR-100 likes 25.1 gr. RE-10X, Norma brass, CCI BR-4 primers and the 40 gr. Bergers. This is my XR-100's favorite food. Try it, you'll like it. Oh, I forgot, OAL is 2.255".
For the Saubier shoot I ran with 27.7 RE-15, CCI BR4, Hornady Brass, 39BK, and OAL of 2.32. I recon I'll shoot that one more time then see if I can dial in the RE-10x.
WrzWaldo

Post by WrzWaldo »

Hawkeye Joe wrote:It would be nice if we all put a crispy $buck$ or two in with the returned targets to cover costs.... What class is my LRPV in?
I FOUND A MISSING LINK. I'm still using my press to prime cases :oops: Not any more :lol: :lol:
I do believe the LRPV is a Savage production rifle.

$$ not necessary but thanks for the thought!