204 Ruger dot com Postal Shoot Info and what not.

Participate in friendly board-wide competitions.
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

skipper wrote:Cool, 8) I've been out at the bench all morning. I'm going to shoot one more load development cycle then a couple of weekends of practice before I actually shoot for score. I wanted to do a ladder test with N133 and a couple of my old favorites that shot well in my XR-100. I haven't even tried the 40 gr. Bergers with 25.1 gr. of RE-10X in my Panda yet. That is the XR-100s favorite load. I am pretty confident in the 35 gr. Bergers with 25.6 gr. of Benchmark though. I'll probably go with that load on the day I shoot. Actually, :smirk: I'll probably take a couple of loads that day and see which is best for the conditions.

It looks like the Factory class has the most shooters. That ought to be some interesting results. I am kinda bummed that some of our regular posters and all around nice guys haven't signed up yet. Perhaps they're waiting until the rest of us get settled in so they can pick the best class. I won't mention any names but, their initials are RIO and SF. :eek: Maybe they're just trying to sike us out.

I'm really interested in seeing some of the groups people shoot. I have always thought that the .204 Ruger had some real accuracy potential. My Panda has proved, to me at least, that it's a lot more accurate than most people realize. Not to mention the devastation it wreaks on varmints.

Ya'll better get ready 'cause I'm gunnin for ya'. :twisted:

The doctor told me, if I fall on my face one more time, it'll stay that way, so I'm bowing out :lol: :lol: :lol:
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
BunGhoLeo

Post by BunGhoLeo »

It should be mandatory that all senior staff particiapate in this event. You can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk? :club: :shotgun: :violin: :stick:
WrzWaldo
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR-100 / Savage-Douglas-Richards

Post by WrzWaldo »

Another idea for my shooting my target. How about I put my target in the envelope with one of you fine folks targets, you sign or initial it, send it back to me, I shoot it and then send it to one of you for measurement?

Anyone?
Hotshot
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage and ar-15

Post by Hotshot »

Waldo,

We trust you for all the rest of this program. We sure as heck trust you to fairly handle every target, including your own! Case closed.

Thank you for all the work you do for all of us.

Regards, Hotshot
jo191145

Post by jo191145 »

Wrz Waldo Seeing as we're conducting this shoot under the honor system I think you can be trusted with your own target.
I participated in a postal shoot at Savageshooters. You fired your agg at any target you desired and emailed in the results. Thats trust ;)

edit
Hotshot beat me to it but I like his case closed sentiment

Savage VLP + NF 12x42 + 35 Bergers = .
walleyeman
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 American

Post by walleyeman »

I agree with the last two posts. WrzWaldo you are totally entrusted with not only the targets and measurements of ours but yours as well!!

Again this is an awesome group to belong to. Good work everyone!
WrzWaldo

Post by WrzWaldo »

Been getting a few questions on cost. I have not done a very good job discussing that matter. The cost to compete is postage to return the targets to me for scoring. I'm including a pre-addressed envelope with the targets. You shoot, put your target/s in the envelope addressed to me, put the proper postage on it, and drop it in a mail box.
WrzWaldo

Post by WrzWaldo »

Hey Gang!

The targets are in the mail.
Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

Post by Ray P »

WrzWaldo...............Thanks for doing all the leg work and looking forward to doing my part.
Good luck to all shooter who are taking part.
Ray P :lol:
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"
WrzWaldo

Post by WrzWaldo »

Been playing with a scoring spreadsheet, then I happened to catch a post over at Benchrest Central about the "Bughole Benchrest Scoring System". Looks promising.

http://bughole.info/
jo191145

Post by jo191145 »

WrzWaldo wrote:Hey Gang!

The targets are in the mail.
Great news!!! Thanks again for doing all this work. This would be a great time to remind those of us who can't remember what we had for dinner the night before, errr ahh oh allright just me.
When is our homework due schoolmaster? :oops: :roll:

Savage VLP + NF 12x42 + 35 Bergers = .
WrzWaldo

Post by WrzWaldo »

Target submissions must be postmarked on or before October 1st (this year).

I will accept requests for targets up until Sept 22nd (National Hunting and Fishing Day).
WrzWaldo

Post by WrzWaldo »

I was just notified that one of you got your target/s today! Guess I need to get some reloading done. My brass is all prepped and purty, just needs primers, powder, and bullet tips! ;)
NHS

Post by NHS »

WrzWaldo wrote:I was just notified that one of you got your target/s today! Guess I need to get some reloading done. My brass is all prepped and purty, just needs primers, powder, and bullet tips! ;)
:pistols: EBAY

I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it.
Hutch20

Post by Hutch20 »

Yep! got mine today also.

Hutch