Back to Oregon!

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
dan97526
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper M21, Cooper 38 20VT, CZ 17H

Back to Oregon!

Post by dan97526 »

Friends,

I am truly blessed. After spending the last five years in Seattle, I was offered and accepted a very good position back home in Oregon. Seattle is about as nice as cities get, and I'll miss it a bit, but it's not home.

That alone would be nice, but let me share with you why it is a blessing...

Last June my grandfather passed after a good long life. He had turned 95 in May. I loved him and miss him beyond words - he raised me as his own son. He had been a Navy Corpsman in WWII, and after the war married the love of his life, made a home, and raised three children and then me. With his passing my grandmother was left alone, and although she is far from infirm, age has taken from her a measure of both her mental and physical ability. My mother took on a heavy load caring for her, and was nearing her breaking point. There was little I could do from Seattle, but this new position dropped into my lap. So now I am able to take some of the load off of her, and raise my own family in a far better place.

I can only attribute this to Divine Providence. I left Oregon due to a lack of good jobs in my field, and had despaired of returning until such time as I was qualified to to hang out my own shingle. I applied for this position on a whim, not thinking it would meet my needs. As it turned out, it is far better in terms of compensation and working conditions than my Seattle position. But that aside, the true blessing is that it gave me the ability to return to my home and family.

I hope this warms your heart a bit. It has been a great gift to me.

So, I hope to see some of you in the rat fields soon, and share a fire! If not this year, then next.

Dan
Mike
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper, RRA

Re: Back to Oregon!

Post by Mike »

That's fantastic news, Dan. I certainly enjoyed reading about your blessings and wish you the best of circumstances in your new endeavors.
RAMOS
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FLV, Cooper M21

Post by RAMOS »

Could not be more happy for you Dan, welcome back to Gods' Country!!!
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Welcome back, Dan. Glad it all worked out for you....sure must be a great feeling. :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

bow shot
.204 Ruger Guns: Rock River Arms AR-15 Varminter
Location: Central NY: infested with liberal wack-jobs and their damage

Post by bow shot »

Very, very happy for ya! Kudos to you for acknowledging Divine Providence. I put my money on God also!
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS

Post by Jim White »

Dan...glad to hear things have worked out for you. Welcome Home!

Jim