Finally gettin wet

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
jrwoitalla
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmint

Finally gettin wet

Post by jrwoitalla »

Kalifornia's been drier'n a popcorn fart lately. Woke up to some decent rain fer a change. So what if it ruins my shootin day. It gives the furbags some green stuff to munch.
The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason- Benjamin Franklin
futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

Re: Finally gettin wet

Post by futuretrades »

What part of the "Republic of Kalifornia" are you in? I am in the very norther part of the state. It has been really dry most of the year, but for the past week or so, we have been getting hammered by "winter". Measuring rain in inches and where the snow is falling , measuring in feet. The wind is blowing so hard, that if you loose your hat, you might find it 30 miles north of me! :eek: :lol: most of the time its blowin around 50mph, but we do get wind over 80mph and gusts over 100mph.
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.
jrwoitalla
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmint

Post by jrwoitalla »

Near Fresno
The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason- Benjamin Franklin
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

futuretrades wrote:What part of the "Republic of Kalifornia" are you in? I am in the very norther part of the state. It has been really dry most of the year, but for the past week or so, we have been getting hammered by "winter". Measuring rain in inches and where the snow is falling , measuring in feet. The wind is blowing so hard, that if you loose your hat, you might find it 30 miles north of me! :eek: :lol: most of the time its blowin around 50mph, but we do get wind over 80mph and gusts over 100mph.
Futuretrades... Where are you located. I am up on Eagle Lake Road, west out of Susanville. We have been having snow and rain for the past week. We need it, but it is too late and not near enough. Where we usually get 3-6 ft and up on the mt top around 12, I bet there is not 1 foot on the level.. :( Bill K :)
Bodei
.204 Ruger Guns: Howa Mod 1500 24" BBL .204R; Cooper M21 20 VT; CZ 527 17HH

Post by Bodei »

I'm in the next county to your south Bill, so similar conditions here. Not very many suns showing on the 7-day forecast. Might ruin the squirrel roundup, but then being on the eastside might be just fine. Got cabin fever bad right now!
K = ½mv2
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

Bodei. I used to shoot over in the area, some of Sierra co I presume... However, like some of my area, growth has taken enough land it is not a safe to shoot as much anymore in those areas. But I find plenty in other areas around me, alongwith towards Modoc and the Madeline plains area. Sage has rabbits, coyotes and ground creatures.. I,like you, are waiting for the weather to clear and warm. Bill K
futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

Post by futuretrades »

Bill K wrote:Futuretrades... Where are you located.
Bill K, I live in the town of Weed. All of my Rat shooting is about 50 miles NE of me. I can look into So Oregon from where I shoot. Weed is about 50 miles south of the Oregon border, on the junction of Hiway 97 and I-5.
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

I know Weed. Lived in McCloud for one year back on 1960.. McCloud River Lumber Co. You know.. Nice area, but came back to Susanville. Did hunt Elk/Pheasant/Chukar for about 17 years in Oregon, til my regular hunting partner passed away. As I get older I stay closer to home area.. But still shoot just about everyday one way or the other. Bill K