Hello 204 Forums.

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
JDB
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage VLP 204 w/ Konus Pro M30 8.5X32x52

Hello 204 Forums.

Post by JDB »

Hello

JDB from Idaho saying hello to the forums.

I have not owned or purchased a rifle since I left the USMC in Dec of 2000. For 6 of my 8 years of service my secondary billet in USMC was as a range NCO/coach. I had the honor of participating in the 1996 Far East Division Matches shooting with Combat Assault Battalion 3rd Marine Division where I finished in a 5 way Tie for 30th place missing the metals by a single point. My two day Score was 567.38. The last bronze metal was awarded at 568.36.

For years after my service I had no need to fire another weapon, clean another dirty chamber, or police brass on the firing line. Then my youngest born after I left the USMC turned 9. I thought about all things he would miss if I did not introduce him to the world of shooting. I bought him a .22 Savage Cub. I did not expect the gun bug to bite me so hard at the first nose full of gun smoke. So after tax returns came in scrapped my plans for building my next gaming computer rig and purchased instead a Savage model 12 VLP in a 204 ruger with the full compliment of reloading equipment.

I have found your forums and like the involved community. I look forward to sharing stories, and learning more about this amazing cartridge.

My son and his first few rounds down range in March.

I topped this with a KonusPro M30 8.5x32x52 scope. My budget was tight and this scope had all of the features of the $1000 Scopes for $400.
Keith in Ga

Re: Hello 204 Forums.

Post by Keith in Ga »

Welcome aboard (old Navy guy here). Lots of knowledge and everyone is always willing to help. You'll like it here.
ImageImage
JDB
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage VLP 204 w/ Konus Pro M30 8.5X32x52

Post by JDB »

Thanks keith, I am currently sitting here cleaning some brass by hand reading forums.
broncsandwhiskey
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage modle 12 LRPV

Post by broncsandwhiskey »

Semper Fi,
Welcome to the forum and we hope to hear from you alot. You should enjoy this site very much from the stories to the knowlege that is given out. Have fun with that Savage and enjoy the site. Ride Up!!!
RIDE UP!!!
Savage LRPV .204 With a Burris 6.5x20 Mill Dot
And alot of other savage rat killers