OFF TOPIC........FYI

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
scootertrash

OFF TOPIC........FYI

Post by scootertrash »

Members,

Although I don’t post often, I do check in here daily. I only belong to a few forums, and like the others I’m involved with, I consider folks here friends….even though we have possibly never met. This post will also be placed on one other forum, so if you see it there too, I apologize in advance. Folks here have helped me tremendously since I joined, and I’d like to personally extend a huge thank you to you all.

Not too long ago, I was diagnosed with inoperable and terminal lung cancer. Before I go any further, I want you to know I’m not seeking “don’t give up” advice and such. I’m taking treatments and fighting the disease. I know all about the “miracle” survivors and I am also well aware of what this disease is capable of.

I’m told with my treatments, I may have to possibly the end of this year. Of course, nobody can say with certainty when any of us will really go. But the sole intent of this thread is to inform you all, and if I don’t respond to an IM or a question, I wanted you to know that I’m not ignoring anyone, but it is likely that I will be down for the count, or I have “left the range” completely. So once again, thank you all, and keep them all in the ten ring.

Mike
Last edited by scootertrash on Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Factory Custom
WaltherP99
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 VLP

Re: OFF TOPIC........FYI

Post by WaltherP99 »

Really sorry to hear about your condition. I hope all goes well for you and hang in there buddy! It sucks that ya got thrown a curve ball like that!

Good luck and live every day of life to its fullest! Prayers out to ya and god bless!!!
jo191145

Post by jo191145 »

Mike This is tough

You've been with us for quite a few years now. We're hoping that does'nt change.
Keep up the fight and our prayers are with you.

Savage VLP + NF 12x42 + 35 Bergers = .
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

Hi Mike. I hate to hear this for you & your Family. :cry: Hang in there & do everything you want to do & can do & in the meantime we'll be praying the Dr's misdiagnosed or they can cure you my Friend!! Best of Luck & stop by anytime you feel up to it!!
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Post by acloco »

Be thinking of you and yours often. Take care....brother of caliber.
Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

Post by Ray P »

Sorry to hear. May our prayers and shear determination help you through this trying time in your life.
Our prayers are with you and your family.
Later
Ray P
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"
TD-Max

Post by TD-Max »

Truly sorry to hear this. I lost my Grandmother in 2006 to lung cancer round 2 and my Dad in 2008 to a brain tumor. I must say that Home Hospice care was a tremendous help through it all. Please don't take this as forward or pushy, but my suggestion is to equip your home as best you can for handicap accessibility as soon as possible. Get a hospital bed reserved for the times you can't get moving and also a set of rails that attach to the toilet. ADA height toilet, grab bars etc.
Sako VLSS Set Trigger in .204 with Leupold VXIII 4.5-14x50 LR
Sako VLSS Set Trigger in 22-250 with Swaro Z5 5-25x52 BRX and turret
Sako Stainless Synth in .260 with Swaro Z5 3.5-18x44 BRX
Ruger MKIII 678GC with Ultradot Matchdot
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Scooter: I am truly saddned to hear of your plight. Life is indeed fragile and temporary for us all. In light of the worst, I wish you the very best and as long of time with us and your family as possible.

I hesititate to bid you farewell, hoping for the possibility of better news in the near future. My thoughts will be with you Scoot, from our correspondence, I know you are a brother and a true rifleman.

Via condios mi amigo,
Rick
Last edited by Rick in Oregon on Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Mike
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper, RRA

Post by Mike »

Scooter, I am truly saddened by this news and admire your courage and spirit in the face of such adversity. You've got a group of friends on this forum pulling for you every step of the way, eager to lend a hand any time you need one. You will be in my daily prayer list and I sincerely wish you the best. Don't hesitate to ask for anything.

Mike
Keith in Ga

Post by Keith in Ga »

Scooter, that is the kind of news we don't want to hear. My prayers go out to you and your family. We never know what is in the big plan for each of us, but hopefully the Dr.'s are wrong. Hang in there, and don't give up.
ImageImage
broncsandwhiskey
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage modle 12 LRPV

Post by broncsandwhiskey »

Scooter: I just wanted to say that you are in all of our prayers and we will be thinking of you and yours always my friend. I know what ever the outcome, just like Rick said you are true gentleman and rifleman. I hope for better days in your future.

Your Friend
Shane
RIDE UP!!!
Savage LRPV .204 With a Burris 6.5x20 Mill Dot
And alot of other savage rat killers
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Mike, you are in my prayers. Please keep us posted on how you are doing. Gary
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS

Post by Jim White »

I don’t know that we’ve ever corresponded with one another. Like you I feel I have a lot of friends here and hopefully someday I’ll be privileged enough to meet them all.

I’m truly sorry to hear of your predicament but do live each day to its fullest and from the words of an inspirational person, Jim Valvano “Don’t ever give up”.

Take care,
Clint E
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by Clint E »

Our prayers are with you. Live life to the fullest.
Gube
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage VLP and BTVSS. Tikka 3 stainless & grey laminate

Post by Gube »

Scooter, I wish you all the best and hope you hang in there. Keep living your life to the fullest.
Savage Vaporizer