Problems with new Rifle basix trigger.

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

Problems with new Rifle basix trigger.

Post by Ryan S Albright »

I bought a Rifle basix trigger for my M77 mkII Target/Varmint. They are the only ones that make a trigger for this rifle that I could find. I have in stalled it removed and reinstalled the two stage trigger removed it and reinstalled the Rifle Basix trigger and have put in about 12 to 15 hours of adjusting installing the action in the stock then removing it and adjusting over and over. It will slam fire no matter how heavy the trigger is set. I took it out and fired it the trigger was set at about 3.5 lbs it was very stiff so I brought it home and worked on it for several more hours. I am going to email Rifle Basix. Puting it in the stock changes the trigger pull. It lightens it. Any body delt with this trigger on a Ruger V/T.
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS

Re: Problems with new Rifle basix trigger.

Post by Jim White »

Had a similiar problem with this trigger in a Savage 17 HMR (before the accu-trigger models). It was a royal PITA. I got it from Russ Haydon and he even went through the aggrivation of sending it back to the factory (with the barrel action). They sent it back still malfunctioning. Feed up with it, I finally got some lock-tite and fixed it once, and so far, for all.

Personally, I wouldn't give you all the tea in China for one but thats just me...

Wish I could of been of more help,
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Wierd....I installed the Rifle Basix trigger sear into my Ruger 77V 220 Swift in about 1/2 hour, went in smoothly, adjusted it, assembled the rifle back into the stock, and it releases with just the slightest hint of creep at 1.5 lbs. with no overtravel. This the factory wooden stock...glass bedded, barrel floated.

It worked for me just fine..... Maybe you have some interference in the trigger area of the stock that could use the touch of your Dremel tool?
Last edited by Rick in Oregon on Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

I would call them with the rifle in hand. They may be able to help you right over the phone. The dealings I've had with them on the phone were very positive. JMHO
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

Post by futuretrades »

I had a similar problem with a rifle basix trigger i installed in a ruger 77/17 all weather. I called rifle basix, and the owner at that time told me to send the trigger back to him and he sent a new trigger the same day i called no charge. and the postage was prepaid. Good business practice, that why i installed a rifle basix trigger in my new CZ 527 Hummer. Everything is really nice in the CZ.
Just my experience with with Rifle Basix!
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS

Post by Jim White »

Just to reiterate my previous comment, "sent it back to the factory". What I should have said was the barreled action was sent to Rifle Basix (after the trigger unit had already been sent back to them previously) and then returned with the original (Rifle basix) trigger in the same malfunctioning condition. All other comments stand.

I'm not basing them, just reporting the facts, you decide! Like most things, some things go good, others not so good. The pisser was, I had to end up fixing it because it was obvious to me they weren't going to.
Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

Post by Ryan S Albright »

I e-mailed Rifle basix then called them they told me to give my address and they would send a pre paid envalope with a new trigger just send the old one back. He explained that some times they get over polished after the nickol plating process. I just wish I had given up sooner and called for help. I was just sure that I was just not getting the right tweek on this trigger. The old trigger was missing a spring. I don't know if it ever had the spring. I just know that I haven't ever been thrilled with the trigger on this rifle. Thanks for the input guys it helps.