its official;

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
cracker

its official;

Post by cracker »

I am an old fart. Hers how the new year is going, lost use of my right leg for over a week as an old unjury reared its ugly head. ( I have broke my right leg 3 diiferent times, had knee surgery and angle surgery twice on both). I went to the eye doc last week and need glasses. Went to the doc today because of a bad cough, try coyote hunting with a cough, it dont work. well turns out that I have pheumonia in both lungs. If that dont beat all my ankle cracks when I walk and is about as loud as a 22. The bright side is a can only hope that things can't get worst. if things dont get better you all can look for some good deals in the swap forum, if I miss any more work I will be in the poor house.
Sportingly
Cracker
Sportingly
cracker
Lenard
.204 Ruger Guns: 700 Remington

Re: its official;

Post by Lenard »

Cracker, I feel your pain. Whom ever said, "getting old is not for sissys" was right. I have not had the broken bones, but realize every day what is in store for me as I age. My shooting partner, age 71 had back surgery in late Dec. He is tough as heck and will be shooting birds soon.

I hope everything works out for you and at least you can hunt coyotes.
BabaOriley
.204 Ruger Guns: Dtech AR

Post by BabaOriley »

Would it brighten your day if you heard the Pack could have Favre back?
BabaOriley
.204 Ruger Guns: Dtech AR

Post by BabaOriley »

Seriously... Might be time to schedule another postal shoot deadline for about May 15th. Life for many has been somewhat down for a long time now, and we all need things to look forward to, so we don't dwell on the downsides, whether it's getting old or just cabin fever. I bet there's quite a few in here that are really missing getting out shooting. Hunting isn't always shooting. I think this crowd likes the shooting part the best! What ya say Cracker? I don't see any redemption on the shooting range in my near future, but I'm ready to try again... Anyone else?
Critter
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger #1B .204, Ruger 77/44,

Post by Critter »

Cracker:

The only thing I can pass on is what my Dad used to say (and we miss him a lot):

Any time you are on this side of the Turf, you are a lot better off than a lot of them.

Hang in there!
cracker

Post by cracker »

BabaOriley
Thanks for the Laff, I am not sure we want Farve back. But I got A good laff from that one, thanks again
Sportingly
cracker
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Cracker: As a dear departed friend used to say to me: "Any day over the hill is sure better than a day under it". As we're all finding out, life IS short, so we just have to make the best of it while we're here.

I want to make the best of it........Are the rats up yet? :lol:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Sagebrush Burns
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 Long Range Precision Varminter

Post by Sagebrush Burns »

Aging is NOT for sissies!
futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

Post by futuretrades »

going out just to do some sort of shooting sounds good to me. here the weather is beautiful today, so me and a buddy are going out just to make some noise and kill some rocks or anything else we can scrounge up. will be a good day to shoot my new ruger mk III and the 2 .38's and the .357. :pistols:
catch ya'all later!

I'M GONE

PS. if this keeps up, i think i will take a trip up to see if the rats are out. maybe this weekend. I know there is some snow where we go, but shooting skippy in the snow just blows my mind! :assault: :lol: :mrgreen:
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Post by acloco »

All of the baseball (catcher), football (linebacker & full back), track (long distance runner, shot, discus, polevault), wrestling, & basketball in my youth are catching up rather quickly with me as well. ugh....this sucks!