Looking for a good gunsmith in Alberta

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
CoyoteGettr
.204 Ruger Guns: Weatherby Vanguard SUB-MOA

Looking for a good gunsmith in Alberta

Post by CoyoteGettr »

Hello to everyone. Just joined the forum and from what I've read, there is a host of good info and topics. I have a .204 in a Weatherby SUB-MOA and am getting rather disgusted with my trigger creep issues. I've noticed that most of you say to just get a Timney and be done with it. The voice of experience speaks volumes and I'm willing to try one out but having a hard time finding a reputable gunsmith to do the work for me. I'm in the Edmonton area but am willing to travel to recieve quality work. Any info you guys may have would be most appreciated. Thanks.
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Re: Looking for a good gunsmith in Alberta

Post by Glen »

Here is a link to the Alberta Sportsmans Forums.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/

:loco: Welcome to the Forum!! :wink:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Re: Looking for a good gunsmith in Alberta

Post by glenn asher »

The trigger on the Weatherby/Howa MOA is held in place by ONE Phillips head screw. You can probably handle that yourself, I managed to do it :D . Mine was on an older Howa, and I did have to make some alterations due to differences in how they were made, but the MOA is a recent rifle, and the Timney should just screw right on.

Then, it's a minor matter of adjusting the weight of pull to your liking, the sear engagement and overtravel usually don't need any tinkering. You MIGHT, emphasis MIGHT, have to whittle a little room in the stock so the trigger doesn't hit the stock, and you might have to do a tiny bit of whittling to make sure the safety doesn't hit the stock, but I didn't have to do those things on my rifle (it must have been a pretty sloppy fit :mrgreen: ).

Timney's instructions are pretty complete, so it's a pretty simple installation.
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!