My first Savage is here! Pics

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
BabaOriley
.204 Ruger Guns: Dtech AR

My first Savage is here! Pics

Post by BabaOriley »

Gunbroker, new old stock, $380 shipped. The 2x Aimpoint is all I had to put on it for now (and it's not level to the action yet), but it's actually kind of neat to think I might not need more than 2x if it's max point blank range is 275 yards. Just put the red dot on where you want it to hit! It does make for a light rifle. It comes to 8 pounds even with scope. 4+ pounds less than my AR-15. I haven't cleaned it yet. My first impression was that it's really dirty (dusty) for a new rifle. There's scratches through the Savage logo on the bolt, most likely due to lack of lubrication and being handled in the store. Doesn't really bother me. I received the 20moa EGW scope base last week, not because I'd necessarily need 20moa, but I figured it won't hurt anything having 20moa built in with a 200 yard zero, and I might want to put the base on something else capable of longer ranges someday. The accu-trigger feels very nice, but I don't have a scale.

Really looking forward to walking with this lighter rifle this winter. Trudging through knee high snow is difficult enough, and I won't get my snowshoes until christmas (betting santa comes through).

Click here for a bunch of pics.
doobie
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Re: My first Savage is here! Pics

Post by doobie »

congradulations on your new toy :wtg:
giterdone
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12LRPV-Savage 12VLP-T/C Encore SS all in .204 Ruger

Re: My first Savage is here! Pics

Post by giterdone »

Cant have too many guns, and you cant beat the price you got it for. Enjoy and im looking forward to seeing some pictures of dead coyotes. :wtg:
John Moses Browning made the west safe for Winchesters