Bore Light

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
greystone
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VTR

Bore Light

Post by greystone »

This is something I came across. A guy on another forum is touting its virtues so I ordered one. Only 7 bucks besides I think I can find other uses for this thing. It might work. Dave
http://www.niteize.com/productdetail.ph ... duct_id=68
darchell
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 Varmint VLP

Re: Bore Light

Post by darchell »

What were they saying on the other site? Does he/she like it? Is it brite enough to see much?
futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

Post by futuretrades »

i don't know about this product, but i do have 2 different bore lights that i use occasionally. both are very bright and looking down the bore is very revealing as far as a good cleaning goes. both were less than 8 bucks apiece. the one i like the best is a hoppes product.
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.
Hawkeye Joe

Post by Hawkeye Joe »

With that light and this 4X bore scope http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... ISO-8859-1 ... Sure beats $799 for a Hawkeye. Looks to me that the light MIGHT be made in the USA!!!
Hawkeye Joe (Mike)
Savage model 10 Predator, 3-9 Nikon Omega
07 LRPV, 35X45 Leupold Competition

greystone
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VTR

Post by greystone »

darchell wrote:What were they saying on the other site? Does he/she like it? Is it brite enough to see much?

The guy on the other site did the LED upgrade and claims to be able to see copper and general condition of the bore. He says he uses a magnifying glass looking up the muzzle. Don't know about that but I'll try it. I didn't buy the LED bulb but probably can get that locally. It looks like a promising little tool