CZ range report

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
Guy M

CZ range report

Post by Guy M »

The new .204 CZ varminter and I had our first date at the range this morning, and we both came away satisfied! :D

On Mondays the longer ranges at my gun club are closed, so I could only get to 200 yards, but as I hadn't sighted it in yet, or even shot it, that was fine. A quick bore-sight the old fashioned way (looking through the barrel at the target) had me on target within a few shots.

Hornady 40 gr factory ammo averaged 3741 fps, my BLC(2) handloads with the same bullet averaged 50 fps faster. Both produced 1/2" groups at 100 yards. A pesky wind played with me at 200 yards, but the little rifle still shot very well. I think the combo is very sweet shooting, and has a LOT of potential!

Fighting the wind, note the very sophisticated wind flag...

I think the CZ and I are in for a long and happy relationship. Skippy, Look Out! :D
BabaOriley
.204 Ruger Guns: Dtech AR

Re: CZ range report

Post by BabaOriley »

Looks like you got a nice piece of wood on that 527. I'm waiting until I see a pretty one like that to buy one. It always seems like the stocks I see in person are too dark and roughly finished, or have a knot in a bad place or something.
stevecrea

Post by stevecrea »

Guy:

Congratulations! You have a winner it seems.

How is the trigger?
Novus Ordo Seclorem ("a new order has begun")
greystone
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VTR

Post by greystone »

Gotta love those CZ's :) Mate it with a 204 and its all the better.
Medic52
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700 SPS Varmint

Post by Medic52 »

I have the CZ in 17REM and it too is a shooter, but my Rem 700 204 is really my favorite......
" The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he LOVES what is behind him." G.K.Chesterton

REM 700 SPS Varmint Elite 6x24x40
LIFE MEMBER NRA
TROPHY LIFE MEMBER NAHC
Sask Boy

Post by Sask Boy »

Hi there, I took my CZ out yesterday for the first time it looks just like yours except the bolt is on the other side. I am going to take photos of rifle and target and email it to someone if they would post it. Please let me know.
I was using factory 34gr win amo and was pleasantly surprised with the accuracy.
It was extremely cold and there was even some snow & wind.
I traded my VLP on it, I have at least 500 rounds loaded of 39gr. BLKs 26.5grs. of H4895 powder and CCI br primers. I am sure hoping that this rifle likes them or I will be pulling a lot of bullets.
This rifle sure is sweet to shoot and a darn good looking rifle (well in the eyes of a old guy that was shooting it).
Keep the Son in your eyes.
Bless You
Dan
Guy M

Post by Guy M »

To post photos, you'll need to set up a free account at one of the photo-hosting sites on the web. I use Photobucket, and it seems to work pretty well. Once your photo is on Photobucket, you can copy & paste the URL into your posts on this forum to share.

I really enjoy looking at all the photos from other hunters & shooters. Particularly those Flying Skippy photos from Rick in Oregon and others!