CZ 527 and Scope rings

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
Unclebob4
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Mod. 12

CZ 527 and Scope rings

Post by Unclebob4 »

I just got my CZ Varminter and it shoots better than I ever expected. I was so impatient that I put an old Bushnell on the gun and took it to the range. My other rifle is a Savage Mod. 12 that is also a great shoot with a Burris 6.5-20 X 50 on it. I would like to put a Nikon Monarch 4-16 X 50 on the CZ to take advantage of the larger optics because most of my shooting is at night, and I found out this year that with the 50mm I didn't need lights on many nights. Will this Nikon scope fit and clear the barrel with the CZ rings that I got with the gun? Thanks in advance.
venison_burger
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 sps chambered in .204 ruger

Re: CZ 527 and Scope rings

Post by venison_burger »

Unclebob,
The 4-16x50mm Monarch that I have on my rifle sits nice and low on Medium Burris Zee Rings with traditional Weaver bases. Since the Monarch has the side focus, the front bell is much smaller than other 50mm scopes with the front objective focus. Did your scope come with rings or did you buy some already? I'd recomend buying both high and mediums and returning the set you don't need.

Also, just incase you didn't get your scope yet, check out eBay for awesome deals on scopes. I got my new in box Monarch for $370 plus $10 shipping vs. cabelas who has it listed on their website for $499. I don't know how some seller on eBay gets away with selling so far below retail. Maybe its because they get bid on, I don't know, but it was a great deal.

Good luck!
-Ben
greystone
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VTR

Re: CZ 527 and Scope rings

Post by greystone »

venison_burger wrote:Unclebob,
I don't know how some seller on eBay gets away with selling so far below retail. Maybe its because they get bid on, I don't know, but it was a great deal.

Good luck!
-Ben
I've bought a couple of scopes on ebay without any problems. Leopold has issued warnings about ebay scopes that were being touted as Leopold's and from all outward appearances appeared to be Leopold but weren't the real McKoy. Also some of these products can be refurbished thus being able to be sold for a lower price. Refurbished isn't necessarily bad.I buy a lot of my tools refurbished and haven't had problems. Just a heads up.