advice on Thompson Encore

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
stevecrea

advice on Thompson Encore

Post by stevecrea »

Have any forum members had experience with the accuracy potential of the Thompson Center Encore? I am interested in varmint type accuracy, which would be with cartridges such as .204, .223, .243, .17 Rem or Fireball, etc. I am hoping for .5 MOA or better with good handloads.

Comments and input would be appreciated.
Novus Ordo Seclorem ("a new order has begun")
blkdog

Re: advice on Thompson Encore

Post by blkdog »

Steve, I had an Encore in 22/250 That was very good, .5 or better with good loads. The only thing I didn't like wa the long lock time due to the exposrd hammer design. A couple of my shooting pals use them and love them. Good luck.
cynergyguy
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage LRPV

Post by cynergyguy »

Steve, I too have the pro-hunter in 22-250 with a simmons whitetail classic 6.5x20 mil-dot and at 100 yds it will put 5 bullets inside a 1 inch circle with a 55g v-max bullet and 34g of varget, I really haven't played around with it much but plan to in the future.
Va varminter
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 FV

Post by Va varminter »

I like the Encore as a varmint gun. I was getting sub 1/2moa with my 204 barrel. One thing I did do was spend some money on a trigger job and getting a locking hinge pin instead of the current one that can move. I do not have a varmint caliber for it currently, but I am looking at either a 223AI or Swift barrel.
http://www.fairtax.org
Election day can't get here soon enough.