I went to the local gunshow today.

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
Va varminter
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 FV

I went to the local gunshow today.

Post by Va varminter »

I saw an older fellow who had a couple of varmint rifles for sale. The one that really caught my eye was a Howa .223. It looked to me as though he had cut the barrel down to 20" and re-crowned it. He had also taken the stock and had it sprayed with bed liner. Rhino I think. It looked kind of cool, and not rough at all when I put it to my shoulder. The reason I bring this up on the 204 forum and not on the centerfire page is because he showed me some groups he had shot with it. He was telling me how much of a shooter it was. I looked at the groups it had shot. To be honest, if my 204 Savage had shot those groups, I would be asking for help. The 204 really spoils people don't it?
http://www.fairtax.org
Election day can't get here soon enough.
dannybracy
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12LRPV w/ VX-L Leupold 6.5-20x56 VHR, Savage 12FV.204

Re: I went to the local gunshow today.

Post by dannybracy »

Glad to see you weren't fooled by the same guy who was selling dirt to ditch diggers........... Some people come up with some good stories for you to tell though don't they. When I read "RHINO LINING" I started to laugh. Thank you for the post!!! -Dan

P.S. Was he sandpapering the bullets for extra grip in the rifleing????!!! :lol:
***Danny Bracy***

'07 Savage 12LRPV .204 w/ VX-L Leupold 6.5-20x56 VHR
'07 Superior Arms AR15 20" Bull Varmint .223