M1 CZ 527 American

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
greystone
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VTR

M1 CZ 527 American

Post by greystone »

This is the CZ that has the 3 round mag. I'm looking for a light weight carry rifle in 204. CZ says this rifle weighs 5.7 lbs. I would have to see that to believe that tho. Most gun companies can't tell the truth about the weight of their rifles if their life depended on it. But anyhow this rifle looks interesting. How do these 527's shoot. Thanks
Melvin Eades
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage M12 VLP, CZ 527 American, CZ 527 Varmint

Re: M1 CZ 527 American

Post by Melvin Eades »

I looked at one of these at the NRA show last Spring and I thought they were only chambered for .223. I was looking at getting one in 204 until I found out they were 223 so I bought the 527 American. I also have the Varmint in 204. Both of them are .5 or better with my loads. I'm very pleased with both of them and I don't think you will be unhappy with either one of them. The single set trigger gives you both worlds, target and hunting, all in one gun.
Enjoy it while you have it, because things will change.

“Never trust the veracity of anything you read on the internet. That’s how World War I started.” — Abraham Lincoln.
greystone
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VTR

Post by greystone »

Melvin Eades wrote:I looked at one of these at the NRA show last Spring and I thought they were only chambered for .223. I was looking at getting one in 204 until I found out they were 223 so I bought the 527 American. I also have the Varmint in 204. Both of them are .5 or better with my loads. I'm very pleased with both of them and I don't think you will be unhappy with either one of them. The single set trigger gives you both worlds, target and hunting, all in one gun.
Melvin you're right. I found this out after I made my post. I would be interested in one of the other ones if it weren't for the God awful ugly mags hanging out the bottom. I wonder how these mags will interchange? The 5.7 lbs still interests me tho. Dave
Melvin Eades
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage M12 VLP, CZ 527 American, CZ 527 Varmint

Post by Melvin Eades »

Dave,

I asked the CZ people why the short clip and it was from response to people not liking the clip sticking out so far. I wish they would make a short clip for the American, I would buy one.

But you know what, coyotes don't care what kind of clip you have. They don't like any of them!
Enjoy it while you have it, because things will change.

“Never trust the veracity of anything you read on the internet. That’s how World War I started.” — Abraham Lincoln.
Hawkeye Joe

Post by Hawkeye Joe »

The long clip in my 452 American is also a pain in my shoulder and hand. Not sure why they made the mags with such sharp corners. Looks to me like NOBODY carried one with mag installed from one end of the factory to the other. Pending on your fabrication skills ,cutting one down would be a piece of cake, " if " your center fire is the same as my rim. I wouldn't be surprised if the 3 and 5 shot mags will interchange. That's worth a phone call.
Hawkeye Joe (Mike)
Savage model 10 Predator, 3-9 Nikon Omega
07 LRPV, 35X45 Leupold Competition

skunkriver

Post by skunkriver »

Here are a couple links of interest to CZ owners on magazine modifications that are performed by Roy Bertalotto. He can be reached at rvb100@comcast.net. I was pleased with the mods he did on my CZ 527 Varmint. It is a good improvement over the stock rifle, especially with the Calhoon SS follower.

http://www.rvbprecision.com/articles/11 ... conversion

http://public.fotki.com/Rbertalotto/ban ... _magazine/
Make good decisions!!!