a few classics

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
Hawkeye Joe

a few classics

Post by Hawkeye Joe »

I have lots to give thanks for this Thanksgiving. Here's a few classics I picked up today right after stuffing my pie hole with turkey. They were my friends dad's rifles. He passed away a few weeks back. He was a good guy and asset to the sport. Everything you could possible dream of for hunting and fishing was in his basement back in the early 80's. He was also a Buck Knife dealer. Ahhh the old 110. That brings back memories!... From the top is a Browning Safari grade .243 with a Balvar 8A Bausch & Lomb 2.5-8 on top.Nice mount huh! It has a Mauser action and was made in Finland. Purchased October 15th,1969. Yes, a Finish Browning. SWEET rifle!.......Second from the top is a semi automatic Winchester Model 63-22L....... Third is a Browning Lightning in 20 ga. Purchased Oct 4th,1975....... And on the bottom is a Browning Lever action in .308 Winchester with a wide view Redfield 3-9. Purchased May 27,1981............... Gotta love them classics when they're taken care of. Not shootin them much helped also. They all have a very low round count through them. Probably less than 100 :eek: .
Hawkeye Joe (Mike)
Savage model 10 Predator, 3-9 Nikon Omega
07 LRPV, 35X45 Leupold Competition

jo191145

Re: a few classics

Post by jo191145 »

Yessiree Mike those sure are some pretty guns. Quite a collection your building. Your house settling into the ground yet :lol:

Savage VLP + NF 12x42 + 35 Bergers = .
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

Finnish Browning? :lol: It's a Sako, who made the shortaction rifles for Browning during that period (along with rifles for Colt, Marlin, High Standard, and danged near everyone else, too) The only differences are in the "round top versus Sako integral mounts", sorta like the way Ruger USED to do the Model 77s. Either way, it's a nice rifle with potential out the kazoo. All of them, in fact, are excellent rifles. Have fun with them!
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Very nice indeed, Mike, nice one-day collection effort to be sure. You'll really enjoy the little Sako, mine are some of my most coveted rifles. Let us know how she shoots.

I just picked up a sweet little Kimber 84M Varmint in 204 last week with a killer piece of walnut. The factory is building the scope as this is written....I'm thankful too. :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Hawkeye Joe

Post by Hawkeye Joe »

Anybody know the MOA per line on the scope base adjustments :? .The adjustable base is made by Kuharsky Bros. Erie Pa. I got the scope all cleaned up and it's kinda nice. The trigger on the .243 is also very nice. It feels to be set at about a pound or so with NO creep. It seems to be a 1 in 9.5 twist when I check it with a cleaning rod. The gun came with some data for the 85 grain Sierra soft point but it seems to be kinda hot at 44.8 grains of IMR 4350. Does anybody have any loads for the lighter 55-70 grain bullets?? I was told today the .308 Lever Action might be new and never fired. Here's the best part, I got it all for $1500 :D .
Hawkeye Joe (Mike)

Hawkeye Joe

Post by Hawkeye Joe »

I was over my buds house and he practically begged me to take another gun home. This time it was a Belgian made Sweet Sixteen with dual sight pins and a raised rib. I told him I had no room for another then he put this baby in my hands :roll: ... Also FOR SALE is a Japan made never fired 28ga Citori purchased in 1990 with box and ALL paper work, 16ga Winchester model 12, And a VERY nice near mint side by side Ithaca SKB 12ga. It has the coolest Grouse engraving on the side. Send me a PM if interested in the 3 shot guns for sale. Have a nice Pearl Harbor Day!

Here's my new Sweet Sixteen
Hawkeye Joe (Mike)