Restocking time..........??????

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Restocking time..........??????

Post by glenn asher »

It looks like prices have come down a notch :) , or maybe that's just that I haven't looked at them lately :( . A quick check of the five major mail-order joints still have Hornady at the most favorable prices for the poly-tipped bullets, followed by Nosler :eek: :!: and then Sierra :? I was looking mostly at the 32 grain bullets, which my rifles like best. Midsouth's prices on the Varmint Nightmare Extreme 34HPs (same as the Midway Dogtown bullets) are still outstanding, though ($35/500 or thereabouts) I haven't checked Midway's prices lately, they simply aren't competitive compared to the other guys (Graf, Midsouth, Natchez, LS&B). I'd do a spreadsheet, but prices might change tomorrow.............

I still have a good quantity on hand, so I don't need any, really, but I thought you'd be interested, it might be a good time for you guys to stock up. Sierra seems to know they have a good thing in those 39 BlitzKings, and have priced them accordingly :roll: . I sure am glad my rifles like the cheap bullets...........
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
greystone
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VTR

Re: Restocking time..........??????

Post by greystone »

I have both the midway and Midsouth 34 grn bullets and they look to be identical to me. Mid Souths price I think is about 10 bucks per 500 cheaper. Packaging is just different. I shoot these things all the time but I'm working with a new rifle right now and haven't found a great load for them-but thats half the fun! Anyhow I have about 1200 of these things and they make for some pretty cheap shooting :D Dave
jo191145

Post by jo191145 »

Don't forget Powder Valley Inc.
They used to have the best prices on bullets and brass.
Not sure if they still do I've been chewing up my over head lately;)

Savage VLP + NF 12x42 + 35 Bergers = .
Lee C.

Post by Lee C. »

Thanks for the heads up about the cost of thing comeing down alittle guys. I'm going to order some sierra 39gr. bullets to do some testing with this week. I've only been useing berger bullets so fare. But i wan't to try the sierra's out now.