Trap Night

General discussion and information about the 204 Ruger.
heikki02003
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage LRPV

Trap Night

Post by heikki02003 »

Thought I'd share some pictures and videos of last nights trap shoot. Our game and fish club just bought a new voice activated TAP trap machine. They are a $12 000.00 rig, but boy are they fun! Simply by saying pull the machine fires a clay. Each of the five stations has its own mic. The club, which I am a director, buy the clay pigeons by the skid then charges $3 for a round of 25, you supply your own shells. It's pretty cheap entertainment. This is my shooting range. When looking downrange, to the left is the rifle range with max 200yard targets, and to the right of the trap is the archery range.
Last night we had a heck of a time shooting the S&%T, laughing at each other for missing, and just enjoying ourselves. It is a brand new machine to our club and most of the shooters come out for fun and sharpening up some hunting skills. We typically get about a dozen people or so, just the right amout. You're not waiting all night, nor do you have to shoot every round. We have a true trap club in my area which all the big shooters go to and it gets pretty competitive, as I get better I plan on going there a few times. We have a couple pretty good shooters though, last night one guy shot 24 of 25. I'm usually in the 18 to 20 area. Now I got the bug something bad for a new 12ga. This is the gun I have been dreaming about lately Click Here.
Last edited by heikki02003 on Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kyle
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: Trap Night

Post by Rick in Oregon »

SAWEEET! What an excellent setup! You guys are very fortunate to have such an ideal facility. You'll be spending some time there, I'd imagine.

That is not only a great system, but the surrounding area is kind to the eyes too. I'm envious. :D

You may want to mention to the auto-shooter with the white t-shirt though, that he may want to work on his follow-through. His empty has not hit the ground, and he's already dismounted the gun. Just a thought.....
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Ruger No. 1
.204 Ruger Guns: XR-100 Ruger No. 1 Savage 16

Post by Ruger No. 1 »

Trap sure is fun,,,however i belive the trap machines are called PAT traps. :D Just be carefull, trap does get addicting. :)
heikki02003

Post by heikki02003 »

You're totally right... PAT trap it is. I got a little excited.

Thanks Rick, the scenery is pretty nice. Our bucks aint to bad either up here, I'm in Saskatchewan Canada.

Addicting... it's major addicting. Maybe trap is the new crack :loco:
Kyle
Ruger No. 1
.204 Ruger Guns: XR-100 Ruger No. 1 Savage 16

Post by Ruger No. 1 »

Trap shooting is very addicting, I shoot every week and travel to lots of big shoots which is a lot of fun.

If you are looking at the cynergy combo you might also take a look at the Citori XT Combo:
http://www.gunsunlimitedomaha.com/Brown ... T-Trap.php

Another piece of advice is to NOT buy the gun with a cut comb. The browning factory combs are Junk. buy the gun with a monte carlo stock then take it to a good stock worker and have them put a comb on it. :D
Lee C.

Post by Lee C. »

Thats some pretty good pictures and that rifle videos was pretty funny Kyle. What kind of rifle was that? They have a big trap shoot here two week ends out of the summer ever year.
heikki02003

Post by heikki02003 »

Ruger No. 1: Thanks for the advice... Avoid the Brownign cut comb :D .

Lee C.: Actually, that's an air pistol. My sister could shoot those three marshmallows easily with it. I think it's funny she is shooting them and my wife is downing them :lol:.
Kyle